9

I walked through the door and saw Dan in the lounge. He was flipping through the channels mindlessly. I was breaking inside. I wanted to be sitting next to him. I wanna kiss him on the cheek, the lips. I wanna smell his sweet scent from up close. I wanted to be his and I wanted him to be mine. 

"Saphire? Are you okay?" I heard once I was snapped out of my trance. Dan was right in front of my face. 

"What? huh?" I said. "I'm fine... I just-uhh- over there-uhhh- you-Phil-uhh-yea, BYE" I said as I quickly headed to my room. I left him in a state of confusion. I let out a breath of relief. I took out my song book. I'd already finished the melody, now all I needed was to finish the lyrics. I decided to write more lyrics. I then remembered the video. I grabbed the SD card and took the camera to Phil's room. He was sitting on his bed with his mouth open, hypnotized by Tumblr.

"Here's your camera Phil" I informed him as I put it on his dresser.

"Ok" He said. He put his laptop down.

"Saphire, now that we're actually talking. Can you tell me why you hated me when you first?" he asked. I walked to his bed and sat down. He was looking at me. I took a deep breath.

"When you started making videos, I would either get used or bullied. I never had any real friends before Mike came along, but that wasn't relevant at the time. I always heard people say so much mean stuff about you. I would defend you, but that would just end in me getting beat up. That was the reason I came home with bruises. Eventually, I stopped trying to defend you in YouTube comments and in school, but when you graduated, guess who the torch was passed to?" a tear streamed down my face. "That's why I got in all those fights that year. I was sick of it, but that made everyone fear me and stay away from me. Nobody would talk to me. In my eyes that was a victory. Then this girl, I think her name was Amber, came up to me and she said she wanted to be my best friend. And she was. Until I realized she was only doing it to get close to you" I said looking down. "I'm just lucky I didn't let it faze me enough to make me harm myself or suicidal" 

"Oh my gosh, I didn't know. I'm sorry" he said hugging me. 

"Phil, even though I blamed you for so long, that's not your fault" I answered. He hugged me as the tears started pouring. He rubbed my back.

"Saphire, listen, I may be your older brother and very protective, but please, you have to accept to being Dan's girlfriend" He said. I looked at him shocked.

"What?" I said. "Are you serious?" 

"Completely, you're both suffering. Please, if you don't do it I'll be sad from seeing both you and my best friend sad" I smiled at him, then my face saddened. "What's wrong?"

"Well you see, I kinda, sorta told him I was dating Mike and yeaaah" I said. "He probably doesn't want anything to do with me"

"He never believed you" phil said quietly.

"What?" 

"When you said all that stuff to him in the kitchen, he didn't believe any of it" he said.

"How do you know?" I asked. 

"Saphire, we're best friends. We tell each other everything" he said. I started giggling. "What?" he said.

"You guys are such girls" I answered giggling. At this point the tears were gone. 

"Whatever, so what are you gonna do?" he asked. I looked down at my feet.

"honestly? I don't really know" I said. 

"Stop being so stubborn!" I jumped as Phil unexpectedly blew up. "You like him, he likes you, I don't see a problem" I stayed silent. He was right. 

"But what if-" 

"Stop right there! No but's or if's! Just do it!" He said sounding like a parent when you don't do chores. I got off his bed. 

"Phil, I can't" I said. 

"Saphire, yes you can, just do it, you're only hurting yourself and Dan in this situation" he told me.

"What am I supposed to do, just walk up to him and say, 'hey, I like you, you like me, let's fuck'?" I said sarcastically.

"Yes... Except for the fuck part" he said. I smiled. I kissed him on the cheek and hugged him. 

"Alright" I said taking a deep breath. 

"I'll be right here" He said as I walked out the door. I looked towards the living room and Dan was still sitting there staring at the screen. He was watching Adventure Time. I walked up to him. He looked at me.

"Dan, can we talk? Please?" I said. I held my breath. He turned off the TV and turned towards me.

"What is it you wanted to talk about?" he asked. Alright, this is going smoothly.

"Well, you see" I said, I paused for about 30 seconds. "Me and Mike have never dated, or even thought of dating, and I'm sorry I told you that in the kitchen, I just panicked and I lied about the kiss, truth is I really enjoyed it. It wasn't harmless fun. I'm sorry it's just that you're the first person that ever liked me for me and like I said before, you were my first kiss and-" his lips smashed into mine. He pulled away.

"You talk too much" he smiled.

"That was a really nice way of telling me to shut up" I smiled.

"Saphire, I know you lied, I know you didn't mean what you said in the kitchen" he said.

"But, how?" I asked. 

"Mike called and asked for you, I told him he was a very lucky man for having a girl like you, and he had no idea what I was talking about" he explained. I scratched the back of my head. "So, the offer still stands. Wanna be my girlfriend?" he asked with the pinkest cheeks ever.