Chapter 9: You Are In Love

this is BY FAR the longest chapter this book has seen lol

important a/n: I insinuated in the beginning of this book that after Daisy's relationship with Dylan, she didn't have any other serious relationships but ignore that lol this chapter we learn who she dated before moving to Dallas.

also i think that somewhere i made it seem like the twins were older than Daisy but they are actually 1 year younger - daisy is 24 years old and the twins are 23 

and pardon my language but the timeline for this story is fucked up

the start of this book it says is in 2015 but i changed it to start in 2018 because the year in this story right now is 2019. sorry if its confusing lol

also this isnt edited

---

Chapter 9: you are in love

"And in the end,
we were all just humans...
drunk on the idea
that love, only love,
could heal our
brokenness."

- F. Scott Fitzgerald

January 10th

"One doesn't just leave for no reason, Jaxon. Tell me what happened."

I stare through my phone screen at Jax who has a look of panic on his face. He returned home from Dallas to learn that Axel had left California without telling a soul where he was going. I had a feeling this was going to happen sooner or later because the environment he was in, living in our parents house, was unhealthy.

"Mom said that Axe and dad got into an argument Wednesday. She wouldn't give me the details, but you know what dad is like, Daisy."

"I know." I mutter.

He sighs. "I can't take any time off work, but I think I know where he might've gone. Can you take time off to fly there?"

"yeah." I say, already knowing where I'm headed. Jax sends me a painful smile.

"I know things didn't end well between you and Jo, but this is about Axel. So remember that, okay?"

"I'm not a child, Jaxon. I can handle seeing him." I say sharply but not completely believing my own words.

Jax raises a brow. "if you say so."

***

My mom was born in Sainte-Agathe-des-Monts, so Jax, Axel and I spent every summer there growing up, staying with our grandparents. It was there that Jax and Axel became quick friends with Jonathan Drouin.

Despite being younger than me, the three of them managed to make my summers a living nightmare. But like something out of a teen romance novel, when we were teenagers, Jo and I grew to develop feelings for each other. They were harmless of course; I was seventeen and he was sixteen.

It was the summer after Clara was born and after Dylan left. I was in a bad place and Jo was there when nobody else was. Mom said that I latched on to the first person after Dylan to show me affection and looking back, she was right. I used Jo because although we were young, I was lonely, and I took advantage of the stronger feelings that he had for me.

We dated on and off until we were both in our twenties. Jo was playing in the NHL by then and I was still in California trying to decide what to do. He asked me to go with him to Florida, I said no and that was the end of us.

We left off on horrible terms and I haven't seen or spoken to him since.

***

January 13th