Chapter 12: I'm A Sucker For You

a/n:  i am really terrible at writing anything romantic so i apologize in advance lol

----

CHAPTER 12: I'M A SUCKER FOR YOU

"and in the middle of my chaos, there was you."

February 20th

"Are you sure you have to leave?" Tyler whines from his spot on the bed. I feel his eyes following me around the room while I search for my clothes and get dressed.

"I have to go talk to Maddie." I say and grin when he pouts. "Besides, don't you have practice in an hour?"

His eyes go comically wide and I watch him get tangled up in the sheets while trying to get out of bed. There's a loud thunk when he hits the floor and I walk around to see him sprawled out on the carpet.

"You look ridiculous." I tell him, reaching a hand out to help him stand up. He's clutching the sheets around himself, hair dishevelled and still looking half asleep.

"I prefer dashing, but I'll take it."

I roll my eyes but let him pull me in for a quick kiss before heading off. I didn't tell Maddie I was coming back to Dallas for the same reason I didn't tell Tyler. I was terrified of her reaction because I know she wasn't happy with me long before I left.

While driving to her apartment, I try to practice a speech in my head but come up empty by the time I park in the lot. It's probably a solid fifteen minutes before I work up the courage and find myself knocking on her door.

To my surprise, Maddie doesn't look dazed to see me at all and I wonder if Tyler or Axel gave her a heads up. She just gives me a timid smile and invites me in. I follow her to the kitchen where she pours us both a cup of hot chocolate (with a little cinnamon of course) and we sit on the couch in silence until I break it.

"You don't seem surprised." I say, "did Tyler tell you I was back?"

Her face scrunches up in confusion. "Tyler? When did you see him?"

"Last night. My plane landed at 10."

"Where did you -" her eyes widen and she reaches over, yanking my sweater down a little to expose my collarbone. "Is that - oh my God, you slept with him." I watch warily as she laughs. "Jamie owes me a hundred bucks."

"Are you guys seriously betting on that?" I whine and she grins, shrugging apologetically.

"It was bound to happen sooner rather than later."

Maddie betting on it doesn't bother me but I try not to think too much about Jamie thinking about that because it makes my breakfast want to make a reappearance.

"I'm sorry." I say and she smiles.

"Me too."

"No, it wasn't fair of me to leave without telling you." I sigh, trying to find the words to explain. "Your pep-talk helped. I realized what an idiot I was being so I got off my butt and went to work but then Jaxon texted me and said dad wanted me out of the house. Everything just went downhill from there."

"Jax told me what happened." Maddie says sadly. I bite the inside of my cheek so I don't start crying again and shrug.

"We shouldn't be that surprised, I guess."

"Daisy, there is no way you could have seen this coming. Don't beat yourself up about it."

"It's my fault, Maddie." I argue. "It was me, who tried gluing everybody back together and look what happened."