Chapter 10: Here Comes Goodbye

Chapter 10: here comes goodbye

"I have learned that people leave. Even when they promised a thousand times that they wouldn't."

January 28th

"Maybe you should forgive Tyler."

I stare at Maddie in disbelief. This is the same girl who threatened to beat him up two weeks ago.

"Who are you and what have you done with Madilyn?"

"You're different without him Daisy." She frowns. "And not in a good way."

I toss her words around in my head a bit. I never wanted to be someone who changed because of a friendship or relationship unless it was a good change. Or someone who relied on somebody so much that when they weren't there – you feel lost.

"I'm not different." I say, not quite believing my words.

"I came over to find you sitting on your couch, dirty tissues everywhere, eating ice-cream out of the tub and watching My Girl. Who even re-watches that movie? Was one heartbreak not enough?"

I glare at her, but she doesn't flinch. "It was a bad day, okay?"

She scoffs and shakes her head. I watch her stand up and walk over to the door, grabbing her purse on the way. "It's been a 'bad day' for two weeks, Daisy. And I'm not going to keep coming over every day to make sure you got out of bed. You either need to fix this or get over Tyler."

She gives me one last look of disappointment before leaving me to drown in my thoughts.

January 29th

In the two weeks since the night I got back from Montreal, I haven't seen or heard from Tyler. Mainly because I've been wallowing in my house with the blinds pulled to but after Maddie's "pep talk" I realized how pathetic I actually was. However, I also realized that part of why I was so upset was because since the agreement Tyler and I had was over, I didn't have the resources to find Clara which was the only reason I agreed to this in the first place.

For a split second, I considered asking my dad but when I got word from Jaxon that mom was moving out of the house, I realized how badly things really were. When I learned this, I offered for her to come to Dallas, but she declined, instead deciding to go to Montreal with her parents and Axel until something was worked out.

"What about you?" I had asked Jax over the phone. "Are you staying in California?"

He shrugged and I could tell he was feeling conflicted. "Where am I going to go? My work is here and so is Lauren."

I scoffed. "You're actually using Lauren as a reason why you can't leave?"

"Daisy." He warned but I ignored it.

"She doesn't care about you, Jaxon. Why can't you see that?"

His face had gone red with anger and I knew immediately that I had hit a sore spot. "She cares about me more than Seguin cares about you."

I watched his face fall after he said that, and he knew that he crossed a line.

That was a week ago, and we haven't spoken since.

After that happened, I quickly realized that with the way things were going, soon I will have to pick a side. I know that if I chose my moms side, dad will surely kick me out of my house and rent it to someone else. My dads friend Eli owns properties in Dallas, San Francisco, and Denver and he rents them out which is how I ended up living in Dallas.

So this means that if I agree with mom, not only will I be homeless, but I'll probably lose my father in the process.

It's bizarre to think that all of this is happened just because I tried to help Axel. If I hadn't pushed – it's unlikely that any of this would have happened.