Epilogue

a/n: short but sweet (i hope)

also, is it weird that I cried a little writing this?

enjoy,  vote & leave your thoughts!

- alex

----

Epilogue

"being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect. it means you've decided to look past the imperfections."

December 28th

It's Saturday. I'm eating a bowl of Lucky Charms when Tyler strolls in the kitchen, one hand behind his back and a smug grin on his face. I raise an eyebrow in question since my mouth is full but he just sits next to me.

"Hey, can you hold this for me?" He asks, dropping something small in my hand and when I look at it, I choke on my cereal. An engagement ring sits on my palm while I splutter milk and cereal everywhere.

"Why do you to ask me things like this while I'm eating?" I yelp and his grin widens.

"So is that a yes?"

Not even bothering to wipe my mouth, I lean over and kiss his soundly. When I pull away, he smiles and takes the ring out of my hand and slips it on my finger. He keeps hold of my hand, playing with the ring.

"I thought about doing something sappy and romantic," he shrugs, "but I figured that wasn't really us. You know?"

I smile, realizing how well he knows me. I start to make some joke when Clara dashes into the room.

"Did she say yes?"

I raise a brow. "You knew?"

"Duh." She says, hopping on the stool next to me. "I helped pick out your ring!"

"Well, it's very beautiful." I say. "Thank you."

Her grin is ear to ear and when I look at Tyler, he has a soft look on his face.

"You good?" I ask and he smiles.

"Yeah. I'm just ridiculously happy right now."

Easter 2020

"Oh, thank God." I say when I see Jo and his girlfriend Elizabeth walk through the door. "Can you take him?"

Liz grins and happily takes Hunter out of my arms so I can check the turkey. Jo kisses my cheek and holds up a bag of ice and bottle of wine in question.

"Fridge." I tell him. "And throw the ice in the cooler outside. Ty is out there, he'll show you where."

He nods and leaves. Liz is sitting at the breakfast bar holding Hunter and just like everybody else, is completely in love with him.

And I don't blame her. Even a few weeks old, I know that Hunter is going to be a little heart breaker. He looks just like his dada. He has Ty's brown hair but his eyes are blue like mine. I read that the eye colour can change which is a little disappointing but having a mini Tyler running around would be pretty cute.

"You guys thinking of having any?" I ask her and she laughs.

"I don't think so." she pauses. "I think Jo is pretty content with just Clara."

"And you?"

She smiles. "I'm good. I have everything I want and need."

It's a weird situation and we all knew it from the beginning but somehow, we are a family.