Chapter 20: Make You Feel My Love

Chapter 20: make you feel my love

"let life surprise you"

August 19th

Despite what I told Tyler about wanting Jo to be Clara's father, I was terrified sitting in the office waiting for results. Clara is with Tyler in the waiting room.

I didn't know how to explain to Clara what this appointment was about because I was still trying to find a way to ease her in to it.

Jo is nervous although he's trying not to show it. I realize how crazy his life is about to get and for the hundredth time, I regret telling him.

"I know what you're thinking." He says and I sigh.

"And what's that?"

"You're thinking that you've ruined my life by telling me." He looks me in the eyes. "You haven't."

I stare at him trying to read the emotion in his eyes but there's too many. I can't pinpoint one.

I open my mouth to say something when the doctor comes in. He's a middle aged man, friendly I noticed from our last visit so his smile cools my nerves a little.

"I'm sure you're both anxious for the results." He says, taking a seat at his desk and I wish he would just tell us.

"You have no idea." Jo mutters under his breath and I try to smile but it probably looks painful.

"Well, the results have shown that you are Clara's father, Jonathan." The doctor says. "Congratulations."

And just like that, I throw up all over the floor.

***

Tyler notices my pale face and the way I'm holding a barf bag like my life depends on it as soon as we walk into the waiting room.

"Are you okay?" He asks, rushing towards me and shooting Jo a look.

"I'm fine." I say, pushing him away a little. Clara slowly walks towards me and tugs on my arm until I crouch down so I'm closer to her level.

She puts her hand on my forehead and frowns. "I think you're sick." She says in a serious voice and I can't help but smile.

"Is that why you had a doctor appointment?" Her eyes narrow when she looks at Jo.

"Is Jo sick too?"

"I'm fine." He says at the same time I tell her he's okay. She doesn't seemed convinced and starts pulling me to the front door.

"Let's see if Nana will make you some soup."

"Huh?" I look at Tyler who grins.

"Yeah, Frances told Clara she can call her Nana if she wanted. Your mom prefers Grandma."

I shake my head, surprised that Clara decided to quickly to call them that. It just shows that she's comfortable with them though, and that's all I wanted.

"I'll call you, Daisy." Jo says when we split ways in the parking-lot and I nod. Clara waves at him and I elbow Tyler until he nods in Jo's direction.

"You're going to have to get used to seeing him more often." I say and Tyler sighs.

"So I guess that answers my question about the test results." He says and then raises a brow. "Is that why you threw up? I thought you'd be happy."

"Yeah, I'm just feeling a little off. Don't worry about it."

I tell him not to worry but internally, I'm freaking out. And it has nothing to do with the test results.