Chapter 22: Let Me Write You A Love Song

a/n: no idea where these chapters are coming from but lets hope the ideas keep coming

Chapter 22: let me write you a love song

"brown eyes are just brown eyes, until you fall in love with someone with brown eyes"

Five(ish) years ago, in a crowded bar:

"Can I buy you a drink?"

I sighed and took a deep breath before I turned around. I started to come up with some excuse but stopped when I got a good look at him. Maddie always told me I have a type and by the look of this guy, he was exactly mine.

Brown hair, check. Brown eyes to match the hair, double check. Not too much but enough stubble? Triple check.

But there was something about this guy that screamed 'stay away'. Was it the way all the girls in the bar were staring at him? Or was it the cocky look on his face that said he knew he would get laid tonight?

Whatever the reason, I decided to ignore them at first and accept his offer and oh boy, was that a mistake.

"So, what's your name?" He asked, ordering two shots of vodka and wow, what a wonderful start it was.

I decided to humour him though. "Daisy."

"Pretty name. Like the flower?"

"Does that line usually work for you?" I asked flatly but he grinned easily.

"Never used it until now." He smirked. "Usually it doesn't take this much work."

And that was how quickly I'd had enough because of course, he had to be one of those douche bags who thought they could get whatever girl they wanted.

This ended up to be true because after I told him to get lost, I saw a pretty brunette hanging off him like a monkey and he left with her.

Not that I cared, because he was a douche-bag and I wasn't an idiot.

***

September 9th

"Daisy?"

I look at Tyler who is smirking at me. "Lost you for a minute. Penny for your thoughts?"

I smile, looking around the bar where it all started. "Memories." I say simply and he grins.

"Ah, yes. One of my fondest." His smile is sly. "That brunette was- ow!"

He jumps back when I punch him in the arm and raises his hands.

"I was kidding!" He says but I glare anyway.

"Not amusing. Do you feel like sleeping on the couch?"

Okay, so maybe I'm a little more irritable lately than usual but it's the hormones. I act like a totally different person because if I am not grumpy about something, I get emotional over dumb things.

Tyler has noticed but hasn't said much. It's like he's walking on egg-shells around me.

"Can I buy you a drink?" He asks and I panic because how do I explain that I can't drink? I could say that I want to be sober when I get home because of Clara but that won't work because she's spending the night at Maddie's house. Jo asked if he could come visit her and instead of booking a hotel, Maddie and Elliot offered for him to stay at their place. Her sudden offer took me off guard because I know her feelings toward Jo but I figure it's for Clara.