Chapter 13: Say Something Cause I'm Giving Up On You

CHAPTER WARNINGS: this chapter includes the death of a minor character and brief mentions of domestic violence 

----

Chapter 13: say something cause I'm giving up on you

"maybe I am just hard to love, and easy to leave."

March 5th

"Remind me again why you had to move while Seguin was away?" Elliot grunts, carrying a box up the stairs.

"Stop being a wuss. I wanted to get out of that hotel room." I say and he rolls his eyes but there's a small grin on his face.

Maddie watches Elliot with a fond smile on her lips. I still don't understand their relationship and I'm not sure I ever will. It's never constant and I do not see what either of them get out of it. But I suppose I don't have much room to talk either when you look at my dating history. My relationship with Jo was never stable and whatever Tyler and I have is an absolute mess.

I watch as Elliot deposits the last box on my floor and nods to himself.

"I gotta head out but let me know if you need anything." He says.

"I will, and thanks." I say, following him to the door.

After he leaves, I look at Maddie who is staring at something down the hall with her brows raised.

"What is it?" I ask, poking my head out the door and my jaw drops. There is a guy standing a couple doors down, fiddling with his keys as he tries to open his door. There's a few bags of groceries on the floor and some hanging on his wrist.

That isn't what catches my attention though. It's his face. It looks like it was sculpted from a Greek God. His hair is blonde and wind blown and I'd bet an arm and leg he has blue eyes.

He must feel our eyes on him because he turns to look at us. I grab Maddie's arm and drag her inside, slamming the door closed. We look at each other for about five seconds before bursting out laughing.

"He was cute." She says and I raise a brow.

"You know, your boyfriend just left five minutes ago."

She waves her hand dismissively. "We're not exclusive."

I roll my eyes. "I would still prefer if you don't try to hit on my new neighbour."

"Why? You got your eyes on him?" She smirks.

"No, I have a -" I stop mid sentence because what do I have? There isn't a tag on what Tyler and I are which is frustrating to say the least.

Madilyn pats my shoulder sympathetically. "You'll figure it out soon."

I walk her to the door and peak down the hall as she leaves. There's no sign of my neighbour and I'm grateful for that. I'm not too excited to meet him since his first impression was of Maddie and me staring.

Not that I really care what he thinks of me because I have a... something.

March 8th

"Not a bad place." Tyler says, walking around my apartment. I sit from the couch as he 'inspects' everything. I think he's looking for some fault in the apartment so I'll agree to live with him again.

"It's great." I say honestly when he sits next to me. He smiles and opens his arms so I crawl across the couch and snuggle next to him.

"Wanna watch Netflix?" He asks and I agree, letting him pick something.