Chapter 2

Wyatt

I'm sat in my penthouse, drinking coffee. I know Riley is coming because I checked the booking and gave her the suite next to the penthouse. I want to know why she left so quickly. I've been keeping up with her racing through the papers and the sports magazine.

The paparazzi have been hanging around since she's got here.

I get ready for this wedding meal; I feel so nervous about Riley actually being in the same room as me. I walk down to the banquet hall and find Ashley and take a seat. I scan the room, but I don't see Riley.

It's quite funny how Ashley and I became really good friends, he would tell me what Riley was up to and when he told me she was in hospital from a bike accident. My heart skipped a couple of beats, but lucky she was fine and back on her bike a week later. I realise I love her, and I haven't been with anyone since she left.

I finished my meal and glanced up to see a beautiful woman walking to the bar. I watched, hoping it was Riley, but she looked toned and fucking sexy. She reached the bar and was hit with a herd of men; they took photos with her and she signed napkins. Yes, that was definitely Riley. I stood and walked towards Ashley; I was still watching her, and when she turned and looked at me, my heart was beating so fucking fast. She looked away and walked back to her table.

Fuck, she's prettier than I remember, and she's still got a fucking sexy body. I looked over at her and she was on the phone, when her call finished, she stood and was walking to the door. This was my chance to speak to her. I walked towards her.

"Hello, Riley, how are you?"

"Mr Nash, yes I'm fine".

Mr Nash, what the fuck, she starts walking off. I had to think quick before she was gone.

"You are looking well".

She looks at me and tries to smile. I could see I was making her feel uncomfortable.

"Thank you".

"Do you want to get a drink with me?".

I wanted to kiss her and show her how much I loved her.

"I really don't want to sound rude. I haven't gotten much rest since my race yesterday".

"Maybe tomorrow after the wedding breakfast?".

I just wanted to know why. I was going to ask her.

"Riley, I got to ask".

She looks at me.

"You want to know why I left?".

"Yes, I do".

"I waited for you to call me. And when you didn't, I knew what I felt for you was just one sided".

"What do you mean".

"I was falling in love with you, and I knew you didn't feel the same, so I walked. There now you know the truth. I will try and keep my distance as much as possible. I'm here for Ashley".

She turns and walks away from me. She was falling in love with me, and I was in love with her, we never told each other. This is some fucked up shit, because I still love her. She's going to keep her distance, that's going to be harder than she thinks.

The evening went fast, and I make my way to the penthouse. I make myself a coffee and sit on the balcony looking out over the ocean. I can see Riley's room and it's all in darkness, she must be asleep.

I drink my coffee and walk to my room and undress and get in bed. Seeing Riley and being close to her, as opened my heart again for her.

I'm woken by my alarm and get up have a shower and dress for the wedding breakfast. We got so much on this week before Ashley's wedding in five days' time. We still got meals and greetings and a evening of cocktails. And the wedding rehearsal dinner.