Chapter 17

Riley

I was pleased that Ashley and Grace could make dinner.

Alex and I spent most of the morning making cookies for Ashley.

Wyatt is at the office, he's got a few meetings.

I make lunch for Alex and we sit at the table.

"Alex, do you like daddy living with us?".

"Yes. I like showing daddy my cars"

"Daddy's got some cool cars, just like mummy's cool bikes".

Now I'm thinking about my bike and the accident. I haven't been on a bike since then. I get my phone and ring my dad.

"Hey dad, could you watch Alex for a couple of hours please?".

"Of course, I will. Bring him over".

"Okay see you in half hour".

I hang up and wait for Alex to finish his lunch.

I've dropped Alex over to my fathers and I'm back home stood in my garage looking at my bikes.

I put my riding gear on and look at my baby. Yamaha YZFR1 4 cylinders, 20 valves liquid cool, 128.2 horse power at 1000 RPM and six speed. It's been six weeks since the accident and I need to get back on the bike.

I push my bike out to the driveway. I spread my legs over this baby and put my helmet on. I start him up and its music to my ears. My adrenaline is rushing through my blood and I slowly let the break go and go for a ride.

I was enjoying it riding around the countryside. I see five other bikers up ahead of me at a junction, I stop, and they look at me. When it was clear I took off and they tried to catch me, I was having so much fun, I forgot what it felt like.

I pulled into a clearing and they pulled up beside me. They turned their bikes off and took their helmets off. I switched my bike off and they were admiring the bike. I then took my helmet off and they stood back and looked at me.

"Riley Miller, superbike racer. Wow". one off the bikers said.

"Yes, that's me.".

"That some bike".

"This is my private bike. I've had this bike for five years".

"Could we get a photo?".

"Yes of course".

I did a few photos with them and then I took off again to go home. I pulled up to the drive and waited for the gates to open and Wyatt's limo pulls up. I ride up to the garage and put my bike away.

"Riley, did you enjoy your ride?". Wyatt says.

"Yes, I did, and I met a few riders that took some photos".

Wyatt walks over to me and pulls me tight to him and kisses me.

"So, Alex must be with his granddad?".

"Yes, I'll get dad to bring him over".

"You look sexy in your bike gear".

I look at him and he's got a sexy smile.

We walk into the house and Wyatt goes to the office. We made one of the studies into an office so Wyatt could work at home.

I contact my father to bring Alex back.

It's the evening and we have just finished our meal. Ashley and Grace have gone into the lounge with Wyatt and having drinks. I'm in the wine cellar getting a bottle of wine.