Chapter 24

Wyatt

I was in total shock when Riley showed me the papers that my mother gave her to sign.

My mother also had a contract for our marriage, what the fuck was my mother thinking?

Riley didn't want me to argue with mother, so she gave back the ring. My heart started to ache when she put the ring in my hand, I had tears in my eyes.

I know I've loved her for five years and I was not going to lose her, I had to get my mother to listen to me, so I ripped the contracts up in front of her.

I love Riley and she certainly hasn't got to sign any marriage contract or prenuptial.

After we left my parents we didn't talk much.

We got home and Riley was quiet, she walked off to the kitchen and I went into the office.

I was woken by Riley kissing my cheek and then we made love.

I was up before the alarm went off and I'm in the kitchen and Riley walks in.

"Morning beautiful". I say.

She looks at me and smiles.

"Morning sexy".

I walk over to her and put my arm around her tiny waist and pull her close to my body and kiss her. She always taste so fucking sweet.

I then pick up my cup and sit at the table whilst she's getting a coffee.

She walks over to me and sits down.

"Wyatt, I'm sorry about last night".

I look at her and could see she was upset.

"Riley, my mother had no right to ask you to sign anything".

She picks up her cup and takes a sip of her coffee.

"I don't want you to argue with your parents because of me".

I look into her eyes and they look watery.

"Riley, I love you.... Let's just put last night behind us, and my mother shouldn't cause any more stress".

I stand up and kiss the top of her head and leave for the office.

I'm sat in my office thinking about what happened the night before, I really don't know why I keep thinking about it. Maybe it's to do with the marriage contract my mother had wanted Riley to sign.

I would never want Riley to give up riding motorbikes unless she wanted to herself.

I get ready for my first meeting.

I'm half way through my first meeting when my phone rings, I look at it and it's my mother.

I look at my associates and excused myself, I got up and stood outside the conference room.

"Yes mum".

"Wyatt, we need to talk?".

"I'm in a middle of a meeting".

"This is important, It's about the wedding".

I take a deep breath and let it out slowly.

"I've asked you to let Riley sort things out".

"I'm just trying to help".

"Look mum, I'll meet you for lunch, I need to go".

I hang up and walk back into the conference room and get the meeting started again.

When the meeting finished, I walked back to my office and sorted my next meeting out.

My lunch meeting with my mother came to quick.