Chapter 9

Riley.

I couldn't believe it when I saw Wyatt stood looking at the plane, I needed to know what he wanted. I walked to the steps of the plane and looked at him, he looks so fucking sexy stood there.

He wanted answers, and I had to tell him, but I was trying to protect Alex. I didn't want Wyatt to think that this was a normal little boy who could walk and play football, because those are the things Alex can't do. For someone like Wyatt a billionaire to find out your son is in an electric wheelchair just doesn't fit into their perfect world.

I just hope in time that Wyatt will understand why I was protecting Alex. I really wanted him to ask if he could see him, but he didn't.... Wyatt showed me that, me having a son wasn't what he wanted. Why would it make any difference if I was a mother or not, but I suppose the thought of someone else's child is too much, until he found out it was his own child.

The plane had landed in England and I get a phone call, telling me not to bother going to the hospital the donor backed out. It's not the first time. I collect my case and go straight home.

I walked into the house and my father gave me a big hug.

"I'm sorry sweetheart, maybe we'll get lucky soon".

"Don't worry dad. How's Alex?".

"He's fine, he's out the back with uncle Dayne".

My father kisses me on the cheek, and I walk out to the back of the house.

"Mummy, you're back".

I walk over to Alex and take his straps off him, lift him out of his wheelchair and cuddle him and smother him in kisses.

"I've missed you, and you've grown in the last week".

"I missed you too".

"Hi, uncle Dayne".

"Hi, honey. Alex has been in all sorts of trouble. He ate all the biscuits at the garage with the help of the guys".

"Uncle Dayne, mummy wasn't allowed to know I ate the biscuits".

I laughed, and Dayne shrugged his shoulders. I put Alex back in his wheelchair and did his straps up. My father then comes out and calls me over.

I walk over to my father.

"Riley, I just spoke to Wyatt. He asked what hospital you're at, so I explained to him what happened".

"Dad, I didn't want him to know".

"Riley, he wants you to contact him".

I look at Alex throwing the ball to uncle Dayne and took a deep breath. I walked into the house and text Wyatt. I arranged for him to see his son at his office, because that way Alex and me could leave if it's not going to well.

I've tried to explain to Alex, that he was going to meet his father, and if he feels uncomfortable or he wants to leave to let me know. I was scared for Alex; this meeting was going to either hurt him or show Wyatt how much Alex needs a father. I just hope Wyatt can see past the wheelchair and look at Alex the way I do, and my family do.

I'm sat in the limo with Alex in his car seat, driving into Wyatt's car park. I get out of the limo and get the wheelchair. I strap Alex into his wheelchair, and he zooms off to the elevator.

"Alex, please wait for me you little monkey?".

"You too slow mummy".

I walk over to him and push the button for the twentieth floor.