Chapter 23

Riley

we are on our way to Wyatt's parents.

"Riley, I did ask my mother to stop interfering".

I look at him and smile.

"I hope your little talk to your mother worked".

We pull up to his parents' house.

It's a beautiful house, just a bit over the top.

The front door opens, and a maid shows us to the lounge, where his parents are waiting.

His parents walk over to us and shake my hand and hug Wyatt.

His mother looks at me.

"Riley, have you sorted anything out for the wedding yet? I would like to know how many people are coming from your family".

I took a deep breath and looked at Wyatt, he looks at me and smiles.

I look at his mother.

"No, I haven't sorted anything for the wedding, I do have a wedding dress that I bought in New York".

"Oh, Riley I have sorted out a designer to make your dress. I have already made the appointment for you to meet her next week".

Why is this woman trying to take over my day, I have had enough?

I've got my dress that I fell in love with, this woman is pissing me off. Wyatt told me he had sorted it.

"I've got a dress, and next week I'm busy".

She looks at me like I've burst her bubble.

"Mum, I asked you to leave it to Riley. This is Riley's day".

"Wyatt, I'm just trying to sort things out because we have so many people to invite".

"Mum, we only want a few people".

His mother sits down, and his father looks at Wyatt.

"Come on son, I need to show you something".

Wyatt walks off with his father and I'm left with his mother.

I really wish he didn't leave me because what happen next shook me to the core.

His mother stands up and walks towards a drawer and takes out a brown envelope, she walks back to me.

"Riley you need to read this and sign".

"What is it?". I say taking the envelope from her.

She looks at me.

I open it and its papers from the lawyers. Then I read PRENUPTIAL, my heart skipped a beat.

I'm wondering if Wyatt knows, because I asked him about a prenup, and he said we didn't need one.

I look at his mother with a shocked look.

"Does Wyatt know about this?".

"Wyatt knows that if he ever got married that his wife would have to sign a prenup, and a contract for the marriage".

What fucking contract, what the fuck.

I look through the paperwork and see MARRIAGE CONTRACT, What the hell, I glance over it quickly and what I was reading shocked me, I have to get pregnant in the first year of our marriage, if I don't it's automatic divorce, well that is not fucking happening.

I carried on reading, If Wyatt wanted extramarital affairs, I would not be able to divorce him and any children would be looked after by the Nash's nanny, and that is not happening.