~Chapter One~

Trigger warning for alcoholism and child abuse.

"It's out! Praise Starkid, it's released!" I heard my best friend and adoptive cousin, Robert Manion yell from across the hall. I ran there in record time.

"Senior year," I said quietly.

"Finally," he said, "But first, food."

"Yes," I agreed. We got some food and settled onto the couch with A Very Potter Senior Year beginning in front of us.

I have known Robert since we were about five years old. His aunt and uncle adopted me and were super nice. We were determined to find my blood family. Apparently the orphanage found me with bruises; signs of abuse. When I was first taken in by the Manions, I was really scared and Robert helped me through it. We grew up together and he was the one that introduced me to Starkid. Starkid changed my life and they've helped me through some really tough times. Ever since I was adopted, I had constant night terrors. I've never even been to a sleepover because of it. For some reason, if I listen to a soundtrack as I sleep, they go away. I owe a lot to them.

"Happy birthday to me," Darren Criss said from the screen. He left Starkid to work for Glee, but thank heavens he could come back for this. This musical was just as good as anything else Starkid. We were on Act 1, Scene 11 when I full-on started sobbing.

"I get it," Robert said, hugging me. That's the great thing about our friendship. We get each other. Not only are we cousins, but we are best friends, best nerdy friends, source of comfort when you didn't get into the college of your dream, Starkid duet partners. We are everything to each other.

And I'll try forgetting too. But I wish it was, just like it was, before.

After about two or three hours, we finished watching the musical. I stretched and you could hear the popping from almost every join in my body. "This is exactly why you do only one sport," Robert pointed out.

"Even that sport has fucked me up so much," I said, making sure everything was popped.

"Well, that's the end," he said.

"Of Potterness worldwide," I added.

"Okay, so we have the rest of the day ahead of us. We need to coordinate schedules," he said.

"Right," I agreed, disappointed that all of Potter was gone. We went over to the calendar and added in everything that we knew for the year. We had auditions, dinners, meetings, normal work, presentations, community service, you name it.

"So, we can make a grand total of three family dinners in the next four months!" He exclaimed.

"This week, two weeks after that, and five weeks after that," I noted. We had moved in together after university. It would be the best way to learn how to live life before one of us got married or something required us to live separately.

"So, we need to get there soon. We have two days before we get there and those two days off of work. We can arrive early and leave the day of to get back," Robert tapped the calendar. "The day you have work."

"Master plan accomplished. Status: totally awesome!" I exclaimed, high-fiving him.

"Okay, so pack. We can leave tomorrow," he said. I nodded and grinned. I hadn't seen my family in a while. Not even my adopted parents. The last time....

~flashback~

"Hello!" I exclaimed, hugging my entire family. When I got to my dad, I could smell alcohol around him. I decided to not take too much attention to it. When he was eating, he had drunk a bit more. I was concerned and went to my mother.

"Mum, what happened?" I asked.

"Well, you know how we can't have children?" She asked. I nodded. "Well, I'm pregnant and he got furious one day. Didn't think we had enough income. What he doesn't know is that I've had a secret bank account. But he's become an alcoholic. An-an."

My mother broke down crying. And I cried with her.

~flashback over~

"Luna?" Robert asked, coming over to me. I didn't realize I was crying. "It'll be okay this time. I promise."

"What if he," I sobbed. I now understood what my mother meant about I was easily triggered because of how I arrived at the orphanage. I started to blank.

Disclaimer: I only own Luna and the plot line.

Okay, so this story doesn't differ a ton, but there are things that are different. I hope you enjoy this chapter! Have an awesome time 'till I next see you!

--Luna :D