~Chapter Thirty~

The next morning, Starkid Manor was trashed. I had fallen asleep with Robert on the couch and I only narrowly avoided terrors. Once the entirety of the alcohol consumed had been released, we all started cleaning. We finished at around three in the afternoon and I headed home. I had seven days until I had to leave and after living mainly in Chicago for a while, I had to pack. I dragged my suitcase from next to my nightstand and I started sorting my clothes. Dirty, clean. Dirty, clean.

I finally took the dirty pile and washed it. Once it was done, I put it all away. I couldn't pack yet. After realizing that nothing could be done, I decided to call Clark. "Hey, are you doing okay?" He asked me.

"Can we talk?" I asked him.

"Yeah. What's up? Do you want to meet somewhere?" He asked me.

"Yeah," I said.

"Well, I'll pick you up. Be ready in five minutes. I know somewhere we can go and not be overheard. It is also very relaxing," he said, hanging up. I put on some shoes and got my phone out before coming out the door at exactly five minutes. Clark pulled up a few seconds later. He opened the door and closed it once I got in. "What's up?"

"I have seven days," I said nervously. He reached for my hand and gave it a squeeze.

"I know. I hate it just as much as you," he said.

"I-I just don't know what we're going to do," I said, my vision blurring before I harshly wiped at my eyes.

"Hey. Hey. We don't have to figure this out. And we can do long distance," Clark assured me.

"I just don't want to feel so alone," I said.

"You're never alone," he said, pulling into a parking spot. Before any of us spoke again, he walked around the other side and opened the door for me. When we heard the comforting click of the lock, we set off to Adler. "You haven't been here yet and it helps me."

"Thanks," I whispered as Clark paid the entry and we went inside. We walked in silence until it closed.

"Are you feeling okay?" He asked me.

"I'm a little better," I confessed.

"That's a start. I'll be here for you this whole time," Clark said, kissing my hand.

"Are these the old courting days?" I asked him.

"I wouldn't mind at all," he said, giving my hand another safe kiss.

"Neither would I," I whispered, touching my forehead to his. We looked into each other's eyes, all of our feeling vulnerable. He brought his face closer to mine and his lips gently touched mine.

Just us and the full summer moon.

"Can I stay with you tonight?" I asked him.

"It's always a yes," he said, "Do you need anything?"

"Can we stop by for five minutes?" I asked. He nodded.

Later that night, the lights were off, but we weren't asleep. "Luna?" Clark said into the stillness thoughtfully.

"Yeah?" I responded.

"You're still awake."

"And so are you."

"Is anything wrong?"

"Every moment is a moment less. I'm hoping that time will seem to stretch the less I sleep."

"I'll stay with you as long as possible. Hell, I'll stay with you until the gate closes. Sleep."

"Do I have to?"