Being a Mystery

Next chapter goal
Vote-20
Comment-30

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

'The hardest thing to do in life Is to gieve the loss of the person
Who is still alive.'

Harry's POV

Chasing.

It had become a huge part of my life since the day I was born. As a kid I used to chase butterflies but soon it changed into chasing my parent's approval which I almost never got. Anything I did, just wasn't good enough but it was all okay as long as I was doing what was good for the family's reputation though it all changed when I finally started chasing my dreams and happiness.

Leaving UK was the best decision of my life. The decision I made for myself not for my parents or their reputation. I found happiness in New York. Happiness, I believed I wouldn't be able to find in any other place in this big world. My happiness's name was Taylor.

The blonde had me standing on my knees for her like a little puppy but she was so unaware of it. So unaware of my longing stares, so unaware of the way my eyes light up seeing her smile. So unaware of the drumming of my heart inside me as if it would burst out of my body.

I liked it that way because I feared the day she would be aware of all this. I feared the way she would react to all this. I feared the way she would leave me.

I feared her rejection.

Till then I was content in making her laugh everyday and just to get her to enjoy the simplicity of her busy life. I was content with the little time I had with her even when my a little part of me was greedy for more. I was content with just being her friend. As long as she desired for me to.

It was like the faith wanted us to meet on that Friday night when Sarah stood me up. I found my happiness that day and I wasn't going to let go of it anytime soon. I broke up with Sarah last night, I was honest with her and we decided we were better off with just being friends. She was still living in my apartment and I didn't mind as we were friends before. I haven't mentioned it to Taylor yet.

When I am with her, I could hardly remember anything about myself, the only thing on my mind was just Taylor. I accepted her and Jace. I didn't judge her for whatever happened in her past.

Her past made her what she was today and I wouldn't have her in any other way.

Plus Jace was such an adorable kid. I met him even before I knew he was Taylor's kid. We got along quite well.

I snapped out of my daydreaming with Sarah snapping her fingers in front me. "You still there, Harry?" She asked with an amused smile and I smiled slightly, embarrassed.

"Sorry.. I was just thinking." I apologised while picking up my bag as the class was already over, only few students left to go who were talking to the professor or among themselves.

"It's alright. What were you even thinking about so intensely?" Sarah questioned and I bit my bottom lip before opening my mouth to reply, more like thinking about a reply.

"Nevermind. Must be the diner girl, Taylor." Sarah answered her own question and I rubbed the back of my neck before nodding quietly. I couldn't tell if Sarah was jealous or upset about it when she said her name.

"A little about her and a lot about the upcoming assignment." I half lied and something told me that she didn't buy it. She nodded and made a move to leave. "See you later, Harry." She bid her farewell and I did the same before leaving the class and the campus to go to the diner where Taylor would be.