7. Revelation

Rachel's tired eyes snapped open as Steve slowly leaned his foot on the brake bringing the 'borrowed' car to a standstill

As she gained to grip the situation at hand she grabbed her gun from the seat beside her before opening the car door and walking up to Steve and Natasha who were walked up to the gate.

"This is it?" Steve asks as he looked up at the sign stating the site was none other than Camp Lehigh.

"This is where the coordinates came from." Natasha says as she looked for a quick way in.

"So did I." Steve states before looking behind him to make sure Rachel was following the two which she was. She stared at the familiar sign in almost sadness as he turned back around.

- -

"This camp is where I was trained." Steve explains to Natasha as the three walk through the camp.

"I loved this place." Rachel admits as she walked beside Steve. "I'm sorry about Hodge though. I could've beaten his ass but Peggy did that for me." Steve let out a small laugh at the reminder of Peggy punching Hodge when they first met.

"Change much?" Natasha asked even though the answer was pretty obvious.

"A little." Steve admits as he stopped walking, his eyes fixed on something. Rachel followed his gaze to an all to familiar pole. Rachel couldn't help but smile at the rusted pole that stood without its flag.

Steve seemed in a daze as his gaze flickered to the ground smiling to himself almost as memories of the past flooded back to him. Rachel would be lying if she didn't feel the same.

"This is a dead end." Natasha informs snapping the two out of their trances. "Zero heat signatures, zero waves, not even radio." She lists as Rachel and Steve both turned to face her. "Whoever wrote the file must've used a router to throw people off." She continues as Rachel watched Steve's gaze land firmly on a building not too far from them. "What is it?" She asks noticing this.

"Army regulations storing munition within five hundred yards of the barracks." Steve explains as the three quickly walk up to the building. "This building's in the wrong place." He concludes before breaking the lock with his shield.

- -

After walking down an old concrete made staircase into a darkened room Natasha approached the light switch and flicked it on. As the old bulbs were forced to work once more their eyes all focused on the original Shield logo.

"This is Shield." Natasha states as the three slowly walk further into the room.

"Maybe where it started..." Steve assumes gripping onto his shield a little tighter.

"How is the electricity still running in this place?" Rachel wonders aloud as they walk towards what seemed to be an office door. "This place must've been abandoned decades ago." She continued as she looked around the main room before following Steve and Natasha into the office.