13. Avengers Assemble

As soon as everyone began to arrive Ultron's men were already storming into the Church at the centre in hopes of making the city drop

As soon as everyone began to arrive Ultron's men were already storming into the Church at the centre in hopes of making the city drop. Tony was shooting the incoming bots with his repulsers as Thor whacked them with Mjølnir. Pietro and Vision were tearing and throwing them apart as Rachel punched bots with her speed disarming them instantly and Steve would finish any stragglers easily with his shield.

Wanda and Clint were the next to arrive as Tony was finishing off the last one easily with a repulser to the face.

"Romanoff... you and Banner better not be playing hide the Zucchini." Tony warns as there was still no sign of the two.

"Relax shell-head, not all of us can fly." Natasha responds as she arrived in a truck quickly jumping out and into the action as Banner, or rather the hulk ran into the centre of the church with a roar. "What's the drill?" Natasha asked Tony as she stepped beside him.

"That's the drill." Tony states pointing towards the machinery behind him. "If Ultron gets his hands on the core we lose."

"Guys." Rachel called as Ultron flew down into their view alone.

"Is that the best you can do?!" Thor challenged, his voice booming as Rachel clenched her fists in anger at the thought that Ultron could've been the reason why she lost Rose. Ultron didn't reply, but he did raise his hand and within moments crowds upon crowds of Ultron's men raced from the streets of Sokovia towards the team.

"You have got to be kidding me..." Rachel mumbles under her breath.

"You had to ask." Steve says to Thor not happy with the outcome.

"This is the best I can do." Ultron assures everyone shrugging his Vibrainium shoulders as he practically smirked. "This is exactly what I wanted, all of you against all of me.. how could you possibly hope to stop me?" Tony could only look towards Steve as Rachel took a single step forward.

"Like the old man said:" Tony states as Steve looked Tony's way. "Together." Once the word was said the Hulk roared before the bots all raced toward them. They climbed over the walls and came in from any possible nook and cranny they could get through.

And with that the battle that could literally determine life or death begun.

Everyone stood in a circle just like they had when the Avengers originally assembled. Each taking a place within the group even if it was in Rachel's case for a mere moment. The Avengers has reassembled and they were not going to let a creation that was built to protect the Earth destroy it.

Rachel and Pietro once the fight was becoming a lot more threatening ran the walls of the church taking out multiple robots that traced its walls in attempts to take Sokovia down the more harmful way. They ran and ran, punched and punched, kicked and kicked. It didn't seem to stop.

Rachel had to work harder and harder to take them out, just as much or maybe more than the rest (not including Pietro) of the team she knew and loved.

At one moment she saw the mind stone being used by the Vision as some sort of energy beam slowly making its way from Pietro and Rachel's points of view towards Ultron as they battled incredibly slow against one another. If it was to be as powerful as Rachel thought these infinity stones as Thor called them would be so much more hassle to even contain. If that was even possible.

Once taking out a bot that was near Clint which was one of the last Ultron was being practically melted by Thor's lightning, Vision's incredibly powerful mind stone and Tony's repulsers that we're making quite some damage.

Once things began to calm down and by that they mean only a touch out of nowhere they started to flee. They all were just turning their backs and running.

"They'll try and leave the city!" Thor figures.

"We can't let them, not even one." Tony states. "Rhodey."

"I'm on it!" He replies.

"We've got to move out, even I can tell the air's getting thin." Steve announced as Rachel became the one to lean against the church's wall out of breath. "You guys get to the boats, I'll sweep for stragglers, be right behind ya."

"What about the core?" Clint asked.

"I'll protect it." Wanda suggests but Clint didn't seem to want that to happen as he looked up at her unsure. "It's my job." Clint nodded hesitantly agreeing.

"Nat. This way." He says before he and Natasha head away towards the lifeboats. It wasn't long before Steve headed towards Rachel who still leaned against the wall.

"You okay?" Steve asked concerned.

"I will..." Rachel assures as the two locked eyes. "It's been a long week." Steve smiled before kissing Rachel's cheek, holding the other with her hand.

"Do you want me to drop you of or is it not embarrassing anymore?" Rachel asked as she pushed herself off the wall smirking up at Steve.

"It is but I don't mind the woman carrying me..." Steve admits to which Rachel could only let out a soft giggle at. "I'll sweep for stragglers, you get to the boats."

"Got it Captain." Rachel says saluting him before rushing to the boats.

Once reaching the boats from what Rachel could see there were no more passengers to be given a seat. Shield were assuring the people that they were alright and Clint locked eyes with Rachel for a moment before they continued to scan the street for more civilians.

Rachel was about to get on one of the boats herself when she saw Clint jog off the boat and headed towards one of the buildings nearby. Rachel had to squint her eyes before noticing the little boy crouching behind a bar scared.

Clint was beside the boy helping him up and the boy wrapped his arms around Clint's shoulder as Rachel cautiously watched. She left him to it and regretfully made that decision as bullets suddenly began to rain fire. The quinjet zoomed past  Rachel its bullets aiming at her for a moment but she managed to dodge them pretty quickly catching many of the necessary bullets that would catch her off guard.

But she was caught off guard.

But not by the bullets.

As Rachel turned around her eyes widened to see Pietro running towards Clint and the boy as he tried to save them.

"Pietro, no!" Rachel shouts using her speed to try and do something but once a bullet caught her leg from ricocheting off wall and she fell to the floor. "No!!" Rachel cried as smoke blurred her vision and Pietro, Clint and the boy disappeared.

The bullets soon stopped firing as the quinjet flew away into the sky. The smoke slowly disappeared as the pain in Rachel's leg increased. As it did what Rachel feared was a matter of meters away. Pietro fell to the ground dead after dragging a car to protect Clint and the boy from the bullets. Them instead being shot into the speedster.

"Rachel!" Rachel's fist pounded against the ground angrily as placed her head against the floor whilst Steve's voice echoed through the clouds of dust Ultron left behind. "Rachel?!" Rachel vision slowly began to blur as she noticed it wasn't just her leg that had been shot. She had been shot in her arm twice and one painful ache from her abdomen indicated she had one lodged there too.

Hearing footsteps and a sudden cry as the dust around her clear instantly revealed Steve who knelt beside Rachel and turned her over. She saw his eyes widen in shock for a moment before her vision was nothing but darkness.