7. More than an Archer

It was early morning when the Avengers arrived at the so called safe house as Clint called it

It was early morning when the Avengers arrived at the so called safe house as Clint called it. He seemed pretty relaxed and familiar with the landscape around him. A small farm with a barn and a few fields which was surrounded by a forest. A nice place to have a home if you like the quiet.

Rachel wanted to admire but the journey and the mind control had her mind dismantled and trying to bring it back and admire was a struggle. Being weaker than the rest Steve helped Rachel along as the group followed Clint who was helping Natasha along the path. Rachel had ditched her mask by now as it was told that this was a safe house. She just hoped it would stay that way.

"What is this place?" Thor asked.

"A safe house." Tony assumed from having been told it was from Clint a few hours before.

"Let's hope." Clint smiled before opening the front door and walking in. "Honey, I'm home!" He called making Rachel's still tired eyes squint at him confused as everyone walked into a large room costumed to be a kitchen, dining room and living room.

Before Rachel could question Clint on the exclamation a heavily pregnant woman rounded the corner who seemed shocked to see not only Clint but the Avengers in her home.

"Hi." Clint greets her. "Company. Sorry I didn't call ahead."

"Hi." The woman greets before cupping Clint's face and pressing her lips onto his own making Rachel's eyes widen.

"This is an agent of some kind." Tony assumes as the two hugged.

"Gentlemen. This is Laura." Clint introduces kindly with a smile. Laura smiled towards everyone clearly presenting herself as a completely normal woman.

"I know all your names..." Laura quickly states before her eyes landed on Rachel. Her eyes recognised the suit but not the face.

"Rachel." She quickly introduces letting a small smile rest on her face. "I see a ring on that finger Clint. It seems I missed the wedding." She teased but her tone was slightly off its usual one when considering what happened but Laura didn't seem to notice as she smiled towards Rachel.

"Oh, incoming." Clint states as he let go of Laura and two sets of footsteps came rushing down the steps. Rachel gasped as a little girl around seven and an older boy around ten ran around the corner straight into Clint's open arms. "Hey sweetheart, hey buddy, how you guys doing?" He asks his kids whilst Rachel could only watch in shock.

"These are... smaller agents..." Tony assumes, his tone becoming more confused as the two young Barton's hugged their father.

"Did you bring auntie Nat?" The little girl asked in a hopeful tone. Rachel looked towards Natasha who seemed to snap out of her sudden daze at the mention of her.

"Why don't you hug her and find out!" Natasha says with a smile as she walked towards the little girl who ran into Natasha's arms. In seconds Natasha had become a different person.