8. Sam Freakin' Wilson

Once arriving near the outskirts of DC Steve had assured the two uncertain people with him that the person they could trust was trustworthy

Once arriving near the outskirts of DC Steve had assured the two uncertain people with him that the person they could trust was trustworthy. But even then Rachel and Natasha still had their worries.

As they approached the back door of the supposed house Steve knocked on the door twice and the three waited. Rachel looked her her to make sure no one was there. To say she didn't seem slightly paranoid would be a lie.

At the sound of a door opening Rachel head snapped towards the now open door and a very familiar man.

"Sam?" Rachel almost exclaims. "Of course it's Sam..." She then muttered to herself. "How did I not think of Sam...?"

"Hey man.." Sam begins averting his gaze from Rachel to Steve.

"We're sorry about this..." Steve apologises as Sam anxiously takes in their looks. Covered in dirt and not looking too well. "But we need a place to lay low."

"Everyone we know is trying to kill us..." Natasha adds looking up at Sam with an almost tired look on her face as Rachel rubbed her temple with her hand.

"I have never been in so much trouble..." she whispers to herself. "It's just like primary all over again."

"Not everyone..." Sam assures letting the three in with ease. After looking outside for anyone suspicious Sam slid the door shut before putting the blind back down. "There a spare room out back if you guys want to clean up." Sam tells the three as he puts an orange juice bottle back in the fridge.

"Thanks." Steve thanks before looking towards Rachel.

"You guys go." Rachel assures motioning for Natasha and Steve to clean themselves up first. "I'll be fine for now." Steve nods in understanding before motioning for Natasha to leave first in which she does and Steve followed close behind.

"So." Sam began making Rachel spin in his direction as he leaned against the countertop. "You weren't wrong about being an agent. Or having secrets."

"Oh, that's only the beginning." Rachel assures. "So you and Steve?"

"Jogging partners." Sam explains. "But he likes to act cocky because of his enhanced speed. 'On your left' this... 'On your left that...'"

"He's just teasing you." Rachel assures letting out a soft giggle. "Trust me when I say I'm faster." Sam could help but raise an eyebrow at Rachel's response.

"Really?" He asks.

"Oh I'm the one who started the 'on your left' trend." Rachel assures in a mocking tone.

"So your some sort of super soldier maybe?" Sam wonders as Rachel looked around the place. Her eyes usually finding their way towards a picture of him and a friend.

"Not exactly." Rachel admits. "Injected with serum? No. Enhanced naturally. Yes."

"Naturally?" Sam questions. Rachel took a deep breath before turning back around to face Sam.