14. The Beginning of The End

Since Rachel had woken up it was as if the world had completely changed

Since Rachel had woken up it was as if the world had completely changed. She had found herself in the new Avengers Facility in Upstate New York which had been in the constructive process for a good year.

Pietro has sadly died on Sokovia leaving Wanda in pieces but she stayed strong with her revenge against Ultron whom she had found in a bus in Sokovia by ripping his 'heart' out. Sokovia was unfortunately destroyed by Tony and Thor, there being no other way after one of the bots which had somehow not survived the Avengers' onslaught had flip the drill.

Agents of Shield whom were willing to carry on their lives as agents or rather 'protecters of humanity' with the Avengers were to be trained and sent on missions from within the building and its training grounds.

Maria Hill decided to carry on working with Stark to help out in the facility along with Doctor Erik Selvig and Helen Cho who were both hard at work moving their belongings into the facility.

Rose has recovered from her traumatic experience and was extremely happy when Rachel had woken up. Which meant bringing her sister into a well deserved bone-crushing hug.

Clint had returned to his farm to stay with his family. Announcing himself retired from Avenging. It wasn't long after that little Nathaniel Pietro Barton was welcomed into the family. It didn't mean that Clint wasn't going to stop shooting bullseyes though.

Rose was dragging her suitcase along (even though she has practically begged for Rachel to speed it in the Quinjet to save time) in a sassy manner as she was still mad at Rachel for not telling her about the vision. Even though Ultron had revealed to Rose what Rachel's worst fear was she refused to admit it.

The two were heading towards the quinjet Tony didn't mind lending the two which would be piloted by Jenny as she knew the two the best and Rachel trusted her to do it. As they did Rachel turned around as she felt another presence to see Steve standing there with a smirk.

Rachel rolled her eyes before smirking also before turning to her sister.

"Get everything set with Jenny would ya? I have to finish things up here." Rachel asked her sister to which she turned confused before seeing Steve and Rose smirked knowingly before looking up at her sister.

"Sure." She agreed before walking away with a giggle.

"She knows then huh?" Steve assumes as Rachel walked over with her hands in her front hoodie pocket.

"I didn't need to tell her." Rachel tells Steve as she stopped in front of him. "She's a Falsworth."

"It's all about genes with your family isn't it." Steve assumes chuckling lightly at the sort of phrase he heard too often.

"It does." Rachel assures before she sighed. "I'm not going to see you for a while now... you have a lot to do." Steve sighed in reply as Rachel looked up at him with a pout. She wasn't wrong. He and Rachel both had a lot to do. Not only to do with Sokovia but to get used to the new world.

"I know but I'm sure... that maybe we could..." Steve awkwardly begins blushing a little.

"Go for a coffee?" Rachel assumed smirking up at Steve who blushed lightly. Rachel couldn't help but smile up at the man she saved more times than she ever thought she would. Who was also the man she loved.

"Yeah... that." Steve agrees looking at the floor for a moment.

"No one would believe me if I said that I saw Captain America blushing." Rachel states tilting her head to the side as she let out a laugh.

"Really." Steve responds with a small glare.

"Mhm." Rachel replied. "They also would lose their marbles if they found out I was dating America's golden boy." Rachel admitted lifting her hand up to rest behind his neck. Rachel noticed as soon as she did this that Steve's gaze flickered for a moment down to her lips. It also became the first time that Steve was the first to lean in. He cupped Rachel's cheeks as he leaned in which Rachel reacted to, placing her free hand on his chest as she pulled him close before their lips were pressed against one another's. Rachel smiled into the kiss as one of Steve's hands moved behind her neck before the two broke apart slowly. The two looked at each both staring into each other's blue eyes forgetting everything for a moment before being brought back to reality.

"See. Told you. Kissing." Both their heads snapped towards the nearby door to see Tony and Thor standing there with giant smirks plastered on their faces.

"Congratulations Captain." Thor boomed gripping Mjølnir happily. "Stark told me you'd both make a fine pair." Both Steve and Rachel blushed deeply but the two smiled.

"I mean it's always made sense." Tony tells Thor turning to look up at the god. "She's constantly saving his ass." Steve glared at Tony for clearly using 'bad language' which made Rachel giggle as the she and Steve left each other's embrace. "Plus she's a badass. I mean get on the wrong side of this one and she's a pocket rocket that's about to kick butt." He states loud and clear as Rachel placed her hand on her hip.

"That we can agree on." Rachel admits to the Stark before looking towards Thor. "I see you're off too."

"Yes. The realms need help as well as my home. So I bid you farewell Rachel." Thor bids nodding curtly towards Rachel who smiled.

"Same to you." Rachel responds. "See you boys soon." She farewelled before heading out to the quinjet and her impatient sister.

Steve watched as Rachel left with a smirk on his face before she disappeared around the corner. He couldn't wipe the smirk off his lips though.

"I swear, if I'm going to see 'lovey dovey' Cappuccino twenty-four seven I'm going to lose it." Tony states throwing his arms in the air before Steve glared at Tony this time sending a hasher one than before which made Tony put his hands up in surrender. "It's just the truth. Now come on Romeo, Thor has to leave. He's on a tight schedule."

"He's not the only one." Steve states before following the two. The man who started it all and the other who truly proved to the world that there was more to life than meets the eye.

Who knew that it would all fall apart over two things.

A book.

And a speedster.

🎉 You've finished reading 𝙵𝚒𝚗𝚍𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚈𝚘𝚞, 𝙵𝚒𝚗𝚍𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝙼𝚎 ➋ ✔ 🎉