8. No eyes, No ears

"Ultron took you folks out of play to buy himself time

"Ultron took you folks out of play to buy himself time." Fury assures everyone as Lila raced past Steve and Rachel towards Natasha who sat at the dining table and Bruce who stood beside her. "My contacts, all say he's building something."

"What type of build, is now the question." Rachel states as she leaned against the pillar separating the living from the kitchen.

"With the amount of Vibrainium he made off with I don't think it's just one thing." Fury half answered as Lila walked up to Rachel who looked down towards her.

"You okay?" Lila asked in a genuinely concerned tone.

"I am now." Rachel responds smiling. "Go on, your mother's getting impatient..." she then tells the young Barton who nodded before running towards her mother who escorted the two to bed.

"What about Ultron himself?" Steve asks with his arms crossed over his chest as he looked away from Rachel to look towards Fury.

"Well, he's easy to track." Fury states in an obvious tone. "He's everywhere. He's multiplying faster than a catholic rabbit. Still doesn't help us get an angle on any of his plans though."

"With the Maximoff's with him his moves are more unpredictable." Rachel adds looking towards Fury and his one good eye. "If they weren't with him it would be way easier to figure out."

"Is he still going after launch codes?" Tony asked after throwing a dart towards the board that was hung in the room.

"Yes he is." Fury confirms. "But he's not making any headway."

"I cracked the Pentagon's firewall in High School on a dare." Tony states.

"Well, I contacted my friends at the NEXUS about that."

"NEXUS?" Steve questions not recognising the name.

"It's the world internet hub in Oslo." Bruce explains looking at Steve. "Every byte of data runs through there. It had the fastest access on Earth."

"So what did they say?" Clint asks as he examined the dart in his hand.

"He's fixated on missiles but the codes are constantly being changed." Fury answers almost surprised at his own words.

"By whom?" Tony asked before having to lean his head back suddenly out of instinct as two darts hit the bullseye. Tony turned to face Clint, the man he knew had thrown them and the archer could only shrug.

"Parties unknown."

"Have we got an ally?" Natasha asks.

"Ultron's got an enemy." Fury says. "That's not the same thing, still I'd pay folding money to see who it is."

"I might need to visit Oslo." Tony states leaning through the gap in the wall to eye his team knowingly. "Find our, unknown."

"Well, this is good times boss but I was kinda hoping when I saw you'd have more than that." Natasha admits turning her head to face Nick who looked right back at one of his favourite agents.

"I do." He assures. "I have you." He says looking at everyone. "Back in the day I had eyes everywhere and ears everywhere else. You kids had all the tech you could dream of. And here we are back on Earth with nothing but our wit and our will to save the world." Fury continued walking up to the table. "Ultron says the Avengers are the only thing between him and his mission. And whether or not he admits it... his mission is global destruction. All this laid in a grave." He described motioning around the room. The house. A home. "So stand. Outwit the platinum bastard." He concludes sitting down.

"Steve doesn't like that kind of talk..." Natasha tells Fury as she looked up at Steve who raised his eyebrows as Rachel giggled.

"You know what Romanoff..." Steve says as Natasha smirked towards him.

"So what does he want?" Fury asks.

"To become better." Steve figures. "Better than us. He keeps building bodies."

"Person bodies." Tony adds. "The human form isn't efficient, biologically speaking we're outmoded but he keeps... coming back to it."

"And you two programmed him to protect the human race, you amazingly failed." Natasha adds on looking around towards Tony.

"They don't need to be protected. They need to evolve." Bruce states as he looked at the picture Lila had painted of a butterfly. "Ultron's going to evolve." Bruce figures looking up at the team.

"How?" Nick Fury asks.

"Has anyone been in contact with Helen Cho?" Bruce asked the gears in his brain turning like clockwork effortlessly.

-

"I'll take Natasha, Rachel and Clint." Steve informed Tony as Rachel adjusted her fingerless gloves on her hands and Steve grabbed his shield.

"Right, strictly recon." Tony responds as the two men walk towards the doorway and Rachel dusted herself off. "I'll hit the NEXUS, I'll be with you as soon as I can."

"If Ultron's really building a body..." Steve starts as the two pause inside the doorway.

"It would be more powerful than any of us." Tony finished frowning. "Maybe all of us. An android designed by a robot."

"You know, I really miss the days when the weirdest thing science ever created was me." Steve admits to Tony as Rachel walked towards the two.

"Then I was struck by lightning and that whole statement was thrown out the window." Rachel states passing the two without eye contact but Rachel smirked to herself before going to bid Laura farewell.

"I'll drop Banner off at the tower, you mind if I borrow Miss Hill and Falsworth?" Fury asked looking towards Tony for an answer.

"Which one? Speedy or short stack?" Tony asked in return.

"Rose." Fury states not wanting to use the nickname Tony implied for Rachel's sibling.

"They're all yours. Apparently." Tony assures.

"What are you going to do?" Steve asked curiously.

"I don't know. Something dramatic I hope." Fury hopes with a smile on his face before walking towards the entrance.

"Best of luck." Laura wished Rachel as the two left each other's embrace.

"You too." Rachel replied pointing towards Laura's stomach to which she smiled.

"Keep an eye on my man would ya?" Laura asked making Rachel laugh as she headed to the front door.

"Oh he's always getting himself into trouble. I will don't worry!" Rachel assures before stopping in her tracks and turned back towards Laura. "Say goodbye to Lila for me."

"Will do." Laura assures before Rachel nodded towards the Barton with a smile and walked through the front door.

"God I'm definitely coming back here..." Rachel assures herself before jogging towards the quinjet.