Chapter 01

A/N

Before we start, just wanna tell you that this fic has some mature scenes. Mostly fluff though

and the amazing cover was made by Seasony on Camouflage Graphic Studio Aff! <3

https://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/1072861/camouflage-studio-regular-batch-open-graphic-graphics-malay-poster-request-graphicshop-portfolio-featured

.

.

.

Sounds of harsh huffs of air echo in the dim room. Even when the sun's still high, the heavy curtain blocks almost all of the rays coming through the window, leaving the room almost pitch dark. There's a gentle hum of the air conditioner running on full blast. But even then, the humid atmosphere of summer would certainly make anyone inside sweats from the uncomfortable heat.

"We can't do this."

This heat–this other heat, Mina decides, is also uncomfortable.

"I can't– Minari... I'm so sorry.."

Mina looks up from her station on the bed, meeting gaze with a panting girl crouching in front of the closet.

Mina shakes her head.

"It's not your fault... Jeong..."

Jeong–Jeongyeon–lets out a pitiful whine from the back of her throat as she grips her hair in frustration. A single tear rolls down her cheek and she sobs, unable to dam the pain in her chest any longer.

Mina, too, wants to cry.

But she knows that someone has to be strong for both of them.

"Jeong... it's okay..."

"No, it's not okay!" Jeongyeon snaps and Mina whimpers. Guilt immediately encases her when she sees the girl on the bed curls, hugging herself in fear. Head drooping low, Jeongyeon whispers in a voice Mina almost couldn't hear. "Minari... I'm sorry..."

Mina forces out a smile. "It's alright. I was just surprised."

Seemingly relieved by Mina's answer, Jeongyeon sags on the floor. Her relaxed stance releases more of her natural scent of cinnamon that mixes with the hanging jasmine in the room, providing a thin veil of musk that Mina inhales everytime she takes a breath.

Strange. That bubbling fever under her skin dissipates.

"How... how's your heat?"

Mina blinks when she hears Jeongyeon asking carefully. The older girl is seemingly nervous, but Mina is glad that the red hue that once dusting Jeongyeon's cheeks has disappears. She inhales deeply, trying to locate the warmth creeping her skin, or the throb of desire in her core, or even the subtle rising of her heart rate.

"It's gone."

It's now Jeongyeon's turn to blink. "Gone? Like... like... gone?"

Mina nods. "It lessens the moment Dad threw me in here, but now it's gone completely."

Jeongyeon glances at the clock. It's only been five minutes.

"How's your rut?"

Jeongyeon's answer is exactly the same. Gone. As if their usually torturing heat and rut disappear along with the mix of scent in the air, along with the amount of each other's scent they inhale into their lungs.

"Mina we have to tell them to stop this."

Now brave enough to approach Mina once her rut had vanished, Jeongyeon plops down on the bed adjacent to Mina. Mina shifts to face Jeongyeon fully, realizing that her heat's definitely out of the picture by now, then rests her face on Jeongyeon's shoulder. Jeongyeon almost instinctively wraps her arm around Mina's shoulders, pulling her close and noticing that it gives her even more comfort than before.