Ficlet

Supposed to be Jihyo's B'Day ficlet but oh well

I'll post the next chap as well XD

.

.

.

.

.

_______________________

Incheon International Airport, South Korea

Past

The loud, rumbling sounds of airplanes combined with the deafening noises of the busy airport fill the air today, under the warm spring sun that feels like it burns. Watching the massive vehicles behind a large glass wall is a lone girl, sitting on a wheelchair hugging a sports sling bag. She watches in silence as the airplane that is going to take her away from Korea moves slowly, preparing for their departure in less than an hour.

She sighs as a pair of footsteps could be heard paddling toward her and she's about to snap, to tell her parents to wait a little longer until she has to check-in when a familiar voice greets her.

"Hey."

She immediately turns her head, a bright smile cracked on her face.

"You came."

Behind her, there's another lone girl with her long wavy hair, wearing a simple pale yellow sundress and a pair of white sandals. The other girl smiles, if a bit bitter and she walks toward the first girl, placing her hand on one of her shoulders.

"And you're leaving."

The girl on the wheelchair nods, smile not faltering despite the flash of sadness in her eyes.

"I'm sorry."

The other girl's expression falls. "No... I'm sorry–"

"We've talked about this," cutting her companion's sentence with firmness, the first girl shakes her head. "I am sorry for leaving. You have nothing to be sorry about."

Silence for a while as the two stare at each other until the girl in the sundress sighs. She knows it's fruitless to try to counter so she nods. "Okay."

A hand grasping her hand has the girl jolting in surprise, finding her handicapped friend smiling softly, eyes shining in nothing but adoration. "I'm glad you came. I thought... I thought you won't come here."

"How could I?" grasping the pale hand back, the long-haired girl kneels to level her eyes with her friend. "I would never forgive myself if I can't send you off."

Her eyes widened in relief at the giggle escaping the other girl's lips. The one on the wheelchair then releases her hand, reaching down to the sports sling bag on her lap. She unzips it and takes out a blue basketball with marker scribbles all over it. The girl turns to her friend, offering the ball into her arms.

"Here."

The second girl stumbles, surprised by the sudden present but she accepts it nonetheless, tilting her head in confusion to the seemingly satisfied girl.

"Why did you give it to me?"

The first girl grins. "Keep it."

"W-what?"

"Yeah," nodding eagerly, the girl pats the ball in her friend's arms. "Keep it."

"But this is your favorite ball."

"It is," laughing softly, she reaches down to play with her friend's purplish locks, rubbing the soft strands between her calloused fingers. "That's why I want you to keep it. It's a promise from me."