Chapter 16

A/N

*nervous laughter* surprise? (∩︵∩)

Extremely slow chapter and this is basically me indulging myself in people talking so sorry in advance because I'm trying to get back to writing. Still I hope you can enjoy! ヽ(●゚'Д`゚●)ノ゚

.

.

.

.

.

Doctor Seo Joohyun (or, as Jihyo said, better known as dr. Im Seohyun after her marriage) is a regular Omega woman in her early thirties who has the beauty of a goddess. It seems like Jihyo has contacted and is familiar with this woman beforehand because she opens the door of her house with a welcoming smile. Instead of escorting the two younger females into her clinic, dr. Seohyun invites them into her house where she offers them snacks and drinks as if they're guests.

Technically, they are guests, but Mina doesn't expect to be treated like this before a medical check-up.

"It's been a while since I see you, Jihyo," dr. Seohyun says with a smile as she settles on the seat across them. "How are you and the other girls?"

"We're very well, Seohyun-sshi, thank you. How about you?" Jihyo smiles back.

"I'm doing good, thankfully." The older Omega chuckles. She then turns to Mina, who looks confused at the two's closeness and addresses her. "And... you are?"

Mina jolts, surprised at the fond yet questioning look dr. Seohyun sends her. She bows a bit to the kind looking Omega as she introduces herself. "I'm Myoui Mina. Jihyo's friend."

"Student at the institution?"

"Yes, ma'am."

"Oh?" dr. Seohyun blinks. "I've never seen you before."

"Minari just started studying here since college, Seohyun-sshi." Jihyo takes the liberty to explain. So maybe dr. Seohyun is a teacher or a medical practitioner at the institution, probably at the high school. That would explain how they know each other already.

Dr. Seohyun makes a soft "ah" of understanding as she glances back to Jihyo. "So... is she..?"

"Ah, n-no." Jihyo laughs nervously. "It's me. She's just here to accompany me."

There's a flash of concern in dr. Seohyun's feature that disappears as quickly as it comes. "Alright, then. Come with me."

Jihyo taps Mina's arm once as the Low Alpha follows dr. Seohyun into her clinic. The clinic itself is actually a separate building right beside dr. Seohyun's house. But Jihyo seems to be really concerned about the 'confidentiality' of this check-up so Mina lets her go alone with the doctor. It still eats her with both anxiety and curiosity, though. Sighing, Mina tries to shift her mind away from Jihyo for the time being and leans back on the couch, playing some games on her phone.

Probably around fifteen minutes since Mina is being left alone, the front door swings open revealing a tall female regular Alpha bringing some grocery bags, along with a cheerful small girl in her hold. The woman seems surprised to see Mina sitting on the couch but then politely smiles to the Pure-bred Omega.

"I'm sorry. I didn't expect anyone to be here this early." The Alpha greets as the small girl–perhaps her daughter–stares at Mina with her round, innocent eyes. "My name's Im Yoona. Seohyun's wife. I take it you're going to meet up with her?"

"Ah, no. I'm only here to accompany a friend."

"Oh?" Yoona blinks. "A friend... of course! Alright then, miss, please excuse us."