Chapter 14

"So I was told to come home... for this."

Nayeon looks up from her spot at the couch, waving happily at Jeongyeon who is standing not far from her. The Pure-bred Alpha wears a tired, almost defeated look, with her bag slung only on one shoulder and her hair tousled. Grinning, Nayeon pats the empty space beside her as she shifts, offering Jeongyeon a seat which the younger girl accepts with a sigh.

"Is it really bad to be greeted by the fabulous me when you return home?" Nayeon asks as Jeongyeon sits down. There's a soft chuckle given by the Pure-bred Alpha and Nayeon smiles, even more so when she feels an arm sidling around her waist.

"It's not like that, no," Jeongyeon laughs again, pressing a brief kiss to the Omega's shoulder. "Just where the heck are my parents, actually?"

Nayeon shrugs. "They haven't returned from overseas with my parents as well. I don't know... I guess we have the house for ourselves for the entire holiday."

"Is that a good or a bad thing?"

"I don't know about you, but I'm going to do a wholesome drama marathon so it's good for me."

Nayeon hears the sigh heaved by her girlfriend before she feels Jeongyeon leaning her head on her shoulder. The Omega girl smiles a bit as she settles further into Jeongyeon's hug. The voices from the TV surround them, letting them enjoy the rare serenity only the two of them share. It's only until Jeongyeon sniffs her skin does the silence breaks.

"You smell different," she says, pressing her nose firmer against the junction of Nayeon's neck. She could sense the new, unfamiliar scent layering Nayeon's tender lavender. The smell of another Alpha and Jeongyeon does not like it even one bit. She frowns when her girlfriend giggles, rising from her seat to look at the Omega. "Nabongs who is it?"

Nayeon wiggles her eyebrows. Jeongyeon's frown grows deeper.

"You jelly?"

A growl rumbles from Jeongyeon's chest. Her Omega smells like another Alpha and she feels threatened over the possibility of another Alpha courting her girlfriend. The possessive streak in her is screaming in frustration when Nayeon reacts calmly at her anger, though the flame in her heart immediately dies down when Nayeon pecks her lips.

"I guess you don't know, then? Your parents hired a temporary security guard to keep the house safe until they return," sighing, Nayeon pats Jeongyeon's cheek to ease the Pure-bred Alpha. She rolls her eyes when Jeongyeon doesn't seem like she's going to chill out soon. "He's only been here for a day and I just finished giving him the tour around your big-ass house before you arrive. He does have quite a strong smell, so I guess his scent had rubbed off on me."

Accepting Nayeon's reasoning, Jeongyeon returns to cuddling her girlfriend. She looks up again when Nayeon caresses her hair still with a wary expression. "You're sure he didn't try to hit you up, right?"

"Even if he did, I'm a gold-digger so I'm not going to accept."

This gets Jeongyeon to scowl but Nayeon only laughs freely, before she loops her arms around Jeongyeon's neck and pulls her into a kiss.

"Jeong," she says when they part. Her brown eyes are sending warning when Jeongyeon growls again, a bit dejected this time before the Pure-bred Alpha deflates. But then Nayeon smiles, warmly, pressing another kiss to Jeongyeon's lips and giggles when her girlfriend pouts. "You know I would never. Don't let it eat you."

Jeongyeon sighs. "Yeah. I know. I'm sorry. Guess I'm just being a bit annoyed."

"I understand. Your parents can't really fulfill their promise again, ne?"