Chapter 5 - Her

Chapter 5 - Her

Jason Miller's manager wants me to call her.

For a few seconds, it felt like my body had been suspended in mid air and now I'm in a free fall. Kind of like riding a roller coaster without seat belts on.

Was it real? Was that guy really Jason Miller? But how could it be him? That's impossible!

Is someone playing a trick on me? I looked around suspiciously, trying to catch anyone watching me or trying to hide a snicker.

But everyone was busy working and no one was paying attention to me.

I better just call this person and find out what this is really all about.

I pressed the dial and called back the unknown number. My call was answered on the very first ring.

"Hello?" My voice had broken and I cleared my throat to calm the nerves.

"Is this Miss Olivia Parker?"

The voice that came across the line was not familiar to me, and I don't think she is someone I know. This is getting weirder by the minute.

"Yes, that's me. Who is this please?"

"This is Dana Williams. I manage Jason Miller's career. I believe you met him yesterday?"

"I don't think so. No, I've never met him," I answered honestly.

She had a no-nonsense tone that you knew off that bat would not stop asking until she got the information she wanted. I figured she must be really intimidating in person.

She paused at my answer and I heard muffled voices in the background.

"Is your plate number xxxxxxx?" She asked as soon as she was back on the line.

"Uh, yeah... But what is this about? What does it have to do with Jason Miller?"

"Jason says he met you at the hotel parking lot yesterday. Have you seen the article that came out today? He wants to talk to you about it."

Oh.my.god. It really was him?

My head was swirling with hundreds of scenarios - from conspiracy theories to what ifs and I wished for a sinkhole to just open up in front of me so I can just disappear and not have to deal with this, whatever this may be.

"Miss Parker?"

Dana's voice jerked me away from my thoughts.

"Y-yes, I'm still here. I'm just - I still can't believe you are who you say you are," I stammered.

"I understand. Look, we have to talk about this in person. Why don't we send a car to pick you up and we can talk here in my office? I'm sorry we can't go to you, but you know what would happen if Jason Miller would suddenly show up there."

"Oh god, no! But you don't need to send a car, I'll just go there. Send me the address," I quickly assured her. Legit or not, I was not about to hop inside some strange car.