Chapter 12 - Him

Chapter 12 - Him

I really don't like that Paul guy. He keeps acting like he owned Olivia when he's just a friend. It bugged me that we left her at his house.

"Call her and ask if she's at the hotel already," I whispered to Dana as the rest of the cast continued discussing our schedules for the shoot.

"I think she's still at Paul's, having dinner. It's only been an hour."

"It's more than an hour! She should have left ages ago."

Dana just smiled at me mysteriously, obviously with no intention of doing as I said.

Feeling frustrated, I decided to message Olivia myself.

"Where are you?"

The producer called my name and I forced myself to pay attention to the ongoing meeting.  It seems the filming will take at least three months, in 10 different locations.

"Hey," Miranda, my co-star, touched my arm as she leaned close. "I'm excited to finally get to work with you."

I just smiled at her and nodded politely, hoping she'll get the message that I'm not in the mood for small talk.

Unfortunately, she didn't.

"Want to grab a few drinks with me after the meeting? We should get to know each other a bit before filming, 'no?"

I removed her hand from my arm and turned to face her. "Not today, sorry. It's been a long day. I need to prepare for a test shoot tomorrow."

She looked disappointed but thankfully didn't force the issue. Well, she should have known I don't really socialize even with my co-stars.

I usually stay away from the group even during filming, and that's pretty well known in the industry. It's one of the reasons I got a rep as a cold guy.

I don't mind the label. I learned after some time that the it's near impossible to make any real friends in this industry. Everyone has their own agenda. Everyone is fighting to survive, and I don't want to be their lifeboat.

But the loneliness does get to me sometimes. It would be nice to have the company of someone like Olivia who sees me as a person, and not a ticket to fame or money.

At least there will be someone I can have real conversation with in between my takes. Which reminds me - I sent her a message a while back and still haven't gotten a response.

It's been almost two hours since we left. She should have been in the hotel by now, damn it.

I tried to call her but I just got her voicemail, and it irritated me even more. The first thing she has to learn as my assistant is to never turn her phone off. She has to be accessible in case I need her.

Fortunately, the meeting has finished and people are just hanging around talking in small groups. I can leave.

"Michael," I called the director and politely nodded to the producer and scripwriter who were both standing beside him. "I'll get going. I need to sleep early for the test shoot tomorrow."