Chapter 13 - Her

Chapter 13 - Her

As Dana explained my duties, I started to understand the enormous responsibility that these PAs carry on their shoulders. An innocent mistake could lead to a scandal, or worse, broken contracts which meant millions of losses to the company.

It was a scary thought and I started to have more respect for the profession.

I am ashamed to admit that I used to think of PAs as nothing more than glamourized messengers, not realizing that it actually requires quite high mental and emotional abilities.

After all, it is not easy to keep yourself sane when you are surrounded by intrigue, deceipt, and this high level of competition every day.

Not to mention being in the company of emotionally sensitive and highly strung celebrities, helping them create some sense of order in their lives while keeping all their secrets

I had just arrived at the studio where Dana said Jason had been the whole morning doing a test shoot - whatever that was. Before I left their office, Dana handed me his script, apparently needed for workshop tbat was next on his next schedule this afternoon.

"Excuse me," I hesitantly asked a woman who I saw had come from the studio. "Could you tell me where Jason Miller is?"

"Who are you?" The woman said as she looked me up and down.

"I'm his new PA, Olivia," I told her. "Oh, here's my ID."

I showed her the company ID that Dana had given me, along with her business card for good measure.

"Ahh, Jason told me about you. I'm Leah," she held out her hand, more friendly now that she knew who I was.

Dana was not exaggerating at all when she said Jason's name can move mountains in this industry.

"Oh. Could you tell me how I can find him?"

"Turn right at the corridor," she turned around and pointed to the door. "There's a big room at the end. That's Jason's dressing room."

"Got it. Thanks, Leah."

I easily found the room and knocked lightly.

"Yeah?"

"It's me. Can I come in? Are you decent?"

"Olivia? Sure, come in."

I went inside then paused as soon as I saw him. He was standing, facing the door, arms wide as one guy helped him put on a shirt while another one was holding a suit jacket.

His shirt was still unbuttoned and I was not sure whether I should leave the room or help him close his shirt. I felt a little like a voyeur as I watched him get dressed, barely stopping myself from staring open-jawed at his body.

"What took you so long?"

I finally tore my eyes away from his toned abs and met his gaze. He looked like he was fighting to control his laughter and I knew he had caught me staring.

I felt my whole face heat up but I forced myself to answer, as cool and calm as I could manage.

"Cut me some slack, will you? It's only my first day."