Chapter 3- Lycanthropy

Sawyer's POV:

        School went by even slower than usual today, so I couldn't be happier as the last bell rung. 

"Sawyer! Hey Sawyer, wait up!", Stiles yelled after me, running down the hall to my locker.

"What's up Stiles?", I couldn't even fight off the grin that took over my face.

"I was innocently passing by when I overheard my dad's phone call"-

"You mean you were eavesdropping?", I question with a raised eyebrow.

"Same thing. Anyways, they found animal hairs on the dead body.", Stiles said, waving it off.

"So? There's animals in the woods Stiles.", I chuckled.

"They were wolf hairs, Sawyer."

"Shit. You have to go tell Scott, like now! Go!", I shooed him off before collecting my things, and taking a spot with Allison and Lydia for tryouts. "Hi you guys.", I waved at the two girls next to me. Allison waved back, along with Lydia.

"Are you coming to my party, Sawyer?", she asked, twirlling a piece of her strawberry blonde hair between her fingers.

"Yeah, I guess so. Why?" Lydia never mentioned the party to me yesterday, but Scott said something about Allison going to it.

"Do you have a date?", she further questioned.

"Oh, no.", I said, Stiles coming into mind.

"Anyone special in mind?", Allison nudged me in side.

"Yeah, I've had a crush on this guy for a while, but he has no interest in me.", I spoke bitterly.

"You should try to make him jealous.", Lydia suggested. "Come over to my place beforehand, I'll make you look super hot. No guy will be able to keep his hands off you, except maybe Danny." I burst out laughing at the Danny comment.

"Okay, sounds good. Look tryouts are starting!", I pointed out. On that note we turned our attention to the players. Coach blew his whistle, signaling the two teams to fight for the ball. Somebody passed to Scott, but as soon as he got the ball, Jackson ran straight into him, knocking him on his back. What a jackass. Scott got this determined look on his face, and I knew it wasn't going to be very fun for Jackson. They faced off, and before Jackson even had a chance to get the ball, Scott took off down the field. He dodged and spun around everyone on the other team before doing a flip over the defense, and scoring.

"McCall get over here! What the hell was that? Were you trying out for the gymnastics team?", Coach shouted at him.

"No Coach, I just wanted to make to make the shot.", Scott replied with a kicked puppy expression. 

"Well you made the shot.", Coach paused. "And the cut. You're first line." Scott started jumping up and down, looking like a little kid on Christmas. Jackson was pissed to say the least.

"Alright, I'll see you both later.", I waved the two girls goodbye before running off to find my dork of a best friend.

"Hey Stiles, could you drop me off at Lydia's a little bit before the party"-I cut myself off when I saw the concerned expression on his face. "What's wrong?"

"I think Scott's a werewolf."

The car ride back to his place was silent once again, but as soon as we got there, we dove into a ton a research. Stiles called Scott, and told him to get over here. He showed up a few minutes later, he looked like he was on cloud nine, I'm guessing it was from lacrosse and Allison.

"What's up guys?", he asked, seeing our expressions.

"Remember that joke about the bite in the woods? It's not a joke anymore. You said you heard a wolf howling, do you even know why a wolf howls?", Stiles rambled out.

"Shoud I?", Scott inquired.

"You're not the sharpest tool in the shed, are you Scotty?", I laughed patting him on the back.

Stiles glared at me, "Not helping Sawyer.", he continued, "A wolf howls to signal its position to the rest of its pack. If you heard a wolf howl, there could be more, like a whole pack."

"Of wolves?"

"Werewolves.", I corrected. Scott put his face in his hands.

"I have a date with Allison tonight, I don't have time for this!", he yelled, not believing us.

"What you did on the field today was impossible Scott.", I tried to convince him.

"Whatever, we'll talk about this tomorrow.", he rolled his eyes.

"No! The full moon's tonight!", Stiles shouted frantically.

"Cancel your date, Scott. There's no way I'm letting you hurt Allison.", I told him. Stiles reached behind Scott, and started going through his bag.

"What are you doing?", he asked

"Cancelling your date.", Stiles said, pulling out Scott's phone.

"Stop!", Scott screaming, flipping a chair, and pinning Stiles against a wall.

"WHAT THE HELL SCOTT!?", I grabbed his fist to keep him from punching Stiles, but he just shoved me off onto the floor. We both just stared at him with shock, but it finally seemed to register what he was doing, he let go of Stiles and ran out. After Scott left, Stiles walked over to help me up and fix the flipped chair, but something caught his eye.

"Shit.", I muttered when he showed me the five long claw marks torn across his chair.

Stiles drove me to Lydia's a few hours before the party, "Hey Sawyer," he said, rubbing his neck. "Be careful tonight, please don't get hurt." I don't know what possessed me to do so, but I kissed him on the cheek and whispered, "I won't." Then, I got out, and ran into Lydia's house blushing.

"Come on Sawyer! We've got a lot to do!", Lydia called in a sing-song voice, pulling me into her bedroom. "Okay first things first, let's find you an outfit", she said, going through the abundance of clothing in her walk-in closet. "Try this one.", she threw a white dress with lace design at me. I walk into her bathroom to change, and I was actualy surprised it fit. The top half was form fitting, but the bottom half flowed out and came to about mid thigh. "No guy will be able to resist you in that.", she smirked. "Let's move on to hair." She decided to brown locks into ringlets, and finally she did my makeup. She wouldn't let me look in a mirror the whole time, so that at the end I could 'see the transformation', as she put it. 

        Now it was finally time to see myself, and I was completely shocked. The girl in the mirror had shinier hair, soft features, and eyes brighter than mine. There's no way the girl in that mirror is me.

"Now let's go turn heads at that party.", Lydia stated defiantly. I hope this jealousy plan works.