Chapter 22- The Ship Has Sailed

Sawyer's POV:

I could faintly make out words, phrases, voices in the darkness. Specifically Stiles's voice.

"Huh? What happened?", I groaned, slowly easing back into conciousness.

A farmiliar warmth engulfed me as I heard Stiles running towards the ambulence I was sitting in, "Sawyer!" He tackled me with a proctective embrace. "I thought I lost you.", he muttered into my hair.

"I wouldn't never leave you, Stiles, never.", I whispered back in a horse voice.

Another voice interrupted our hug, "Sawyer, you have to get checked out by the EMTs."

"Wow dad, way to go ruining the moment.", Stiles grumbled angrily, stepping out of the hug.

The Sheriff quirked his eyebrow at his son, "She also has to get interviewed. Sawyer, do you remember what happened tonight?"

I glanced at Stiles, who was shaking his head furiously when his dad wasn't watching, "Um...no I blacked out."

"I know that, but do you remember who attacked you?"

Stiles started making overly dramatic frowny faces, causing me to stare at him in utter confusion. The adorable spaz let out a slient sigh, and began making more frowns and mouthing something. That's when it finally clicked in my head, "Derek, Derek Hale." Papa Stilinski nodded, and without another word walked off with his notepad. "You freaking blamed Derek?!"

"Well if he's dead it doesn't matter.", Stiles retorted.

I clenched my eyes shut tightly, the image of Derek hale being tossed lifelessly into the brick wall flashing through my mind, "N-No, he can't be dead."

Scott ran over, looking completely torn, Stiles giving him a sympathetic grimace, "Hey, we outlasted the alpha right?"

"Yeah, we survived!", I joined in on cheering Scott up.

"You don't think it heard us?! You don't think it knew exactly where we were?! You think it didn't know it could've easily killed Sawyer?!", Scott snapped. I felt myself visibly stiffen with the last part, and I noticed Stiles tensing up a little too. "It wants me in its pack, but first it wants me to get rid of my old pack."

"What do you mean? What old pack?", I knit my eyebrows together.

He let out a frustrated moan, "Allison, Jackson, Lydia, you, and Stiles."

The realization dawned on me, making all the color in my face drain, "The alpha doesn't want to kill us."

"It wants me to do it.", Scott shoved his hands in his jacket pockets. "And that's not even the worst part."

"HOW IN THE HOLY HELL IS THAT NOT THE WORST PART?!", Stiles screamed.

"When it made me shift, I wanted to do it. I wanted to kill all of you." I took Stile's hand in mine, gripping it tightly for comfort. The three of us stood there in an awkward silence until Scott spotted Deaton sitting in a nearby ambulence.

"How did you-"

"Escape? Not easily, and from what they tell me I'm alive because of you. I think I owe you a raise.", the veternarian chuckled.

Suddenly, the Sheriff appeared, steering us away from the ambulance, "Come on guys, let the EMTs do their job. You can talk to him later."

Scott took off after Allison and Mr. Stilinski went to talk to Deaton, leaving Stiles and I alone.

"So much for a supernatural free night, huh?", I laughed dryly, peering down at my feet.

"Sawyer, we need to talk."

"Talk? About what?", I tilted my head.

Stiles's cheeks burned a light pink, "You know what about."

"I-I uh-um I'm going to get a ride home with Allison, see you later!", I called, running off towards the brunette, who was leaving Scott with a pained and broken expression. Also ignoring Stiles trying to get me to come back. "Allison! Allison wait!"

"Oh my god, Sawyer, are you okay?!", she wrapped her arms around me.

"Besides making things impossibly awkward, yeah I'm fine.", I took one look at her face, and knew something was up. "What's wrong, Allie?"

Tears pooled up in her soft eyes, "I just broke up with Scott."

"Hey, it's going to be okay.", I soothed, rubbing her back as she cried. "How about we have a girls' night? Cry, eat our feelings in tons of chocolate ice cream, watch chick flicks, the whole nine yards."

She smiled through the tears, "You're the absolute best, Sawyer."

"YOU FREAKING KISSED STILES STILINSKI?!", Allison shrieked through her spoonful of ice cream. "MY OTP HAS MADE IT! I REPEAT, MY OTP HAS MADE IT! THE SHIP HAS SAILED!", she sang out.

"Shh! Could you be any louder?! It's the middle of the night!", I giggled.

"WHO THE HELL CARES?! YOU AND STILES KISSED!", she cheered. "I'm glad that at least one of our romance stories is working out."

I sighed, "Actually, it isn't working out because I made things completely awkward! As for you and Scott, I'll go with that old saying 'If you love something, let it go. If it comes back to you, it was yours in the first place.' Trust me, Scott's going to be crawling back to tomorrow morning."

"What if I don't want him to? I mean, I do, but he's been lying to me. I hate feeling so weak, and not knowing what is going on. The things he was saying tonight just don't add up, I don't know what to do."

I watched quietly as the normally strong Allison Argent finally broke, "Look I've never had a boyfriend, so I'm terrible with relationship advice. What I do know is that Scott is completely and utterly in love with you, so if he's lying to you, it's all to protect you." I have to admit, it was pretty cool to have inside information for once. "How about we watch The Notebook and have a good cry?"

"Sounds perfect."

Marry me Juliet you'll never have to be alone I love you and that's all I really know- "Hold up, let me get that. It's Stiles."

"Seriously?!", she burst out laughing. "That has got to be the cheesiest ringtone ever for the love of your life!"

"Shut up!", I screamed, picking up the phone. "What's up, Stiles?"

"Well when your best friend gets dumped-"

"She didn't dump me, she told me we were taking a break!", I heard Scott shout in the background.

"When your best friend gets told by his girlfriend that they're taking a break, you get your best friend drunk! You in?!"

"Actually, I'm helping out the other half of this break up, so I'll pass."

"Fine, whatever. Your loss." The line went dead. I snorted, tossing my phone on Allison's bed.

"So, what did loverboy want?", Allison wiggled her eyebrows.

I grabbed a pink pillow and threw it at her, "He wanted me to go drinking with him in the woods." I chose to leave out the part that Scott would be there.

"What a dork.", she grinned, turning back to the movie.

It's true, I'm in love with the biggest dork on this planet.