The past

Nightmares POV
After error carried me out of the anti-void we were met by the gang. They had stayed in the same AU that both error and ink had gone to overdrive...they immediately ran to us and tackled us down...Error only groaned. Soon the gang had calmed down and were all happy to see the real error back, the gang had been talking for quite a while now. I looked for Error and saw him sitting against a tree...the snow under him was no longer perfectly white but it was a vibrant red..I walked over to him in concern. Error was healing himself spreading his magic through himself...I saw how his face would scrunch up in pain, when the pain became unbearable to even touch. Error noticed me walking over to him and gave me a weak smile..he soon finished all the damage that had been done to him by the time I got there, I sat besides him and said

(Nightmare) " you ok?"

(Error) " I'm alright"

(Nightmare) " are you sure? It kinda looked like you were in tremendous pain when you were healing yourself.."

(Error) " yeah I'm fine now..thankfully I had enough power the heal myself.."

(Nightmare) ".....Error....."

(Error) " yeah night?"

(Nightmare) ".....why do you think ink was in overdrive mood? And how did you go into overdrive so quickly?"

(Error) " well..I'm not sure about ink going into overdrive..maybe he just wanted to...get to get rid of me for good, me being his immortal enemy and all. And well his overdrive triggered mine..."

(Nightmare) "...does it hurt when you go into overdrive?"

(Error) " what? No no no...it's not like that at all...it just.."

(Nightmare) " it's just?"

(Error) " it's just that the overdrive make you go into a certain fight mode, and that fight mode make you stronger,faster and smarter but it also blocks off your memories...so you would be able to terminate you opponent with more...ease."

(Nightmare) " so it make you forget?"

(Error) " I'm a way, the overdrive only blocks your memories not erases them...it just kinda pushes your memory far back in your brain....and the overdrive doesn't let us remember what happened during the fight..making it easier to forget that guilt"

(Nightmare) " ...so when you go into overdrive mode it blocks of your memories making you forget me and the gang?"

(Error) " well...that's what's supposed to happen..but.."

(Nightmare) "....but what?

(Error) " But...I'm a glitch, so when I go into overdrive, I don't forget anything..I don't forget you or the gang or any of my past memories..the only thing I do forget is what happens during the fight..which means the overdrive can't block off my memories no matter how hard it tries it just can't, since I'm a glitch"

(Nightmare) "..Error..I-i didn't mean to offend you.."

(Error) " no no, it's ok night.. you didn't offend me"

(Nightmare) "ok. So in overdrive you dont forget you memories but you do forget what happens during the fight. While for other monsters they do forget their memories temporarily and forget what happens during the fight?"

(Error) " exactly"

(Nightmare) " oh ok I understand now"

(Error) "........"

(Nightmare) " error...can I ask you one more thing babe?"

(Error) " [////_\\\\] uh sure night..."