♛Chptr. 6: Mr. Jeon♛

Jungkook's POV

(Jeon's Mansion)

"How is life Jungkook?" My dad asked, not even sparing me a glance. He is just looking at the newspaper he is reading.

"It's fine Dad." I stopped slicing the steak for a moment to give him a reply.

"What did I tell you about addressing me?" He asked and when I turned to look at him, he gave me a glare.

"I apologize...S-Sir."

It is times like this when I wouldn't even want to be at home. It's better to live alone rather than live with someone who would only make you feel as if they're not even living with you. 

But the more I get older, the more I tried to understand. We are not like before, our mansion used to have so much life in it. I would laugh with my Mom, and Dad would play with me. But those are the times when we were still happy...when my Mom is still alive.

Now I only have my father. But I know that I lost him too. He is not my father from before who used to treat me so well. He turned cold and more business-like, he would only have dinner with me once every two weeks. I don't even know if he wants to have dinner with me or he just doesn't want someone to call him a bad father that's why he is doing it. Maybe I'll accept the last one.

He became like this after Mom died. I still remembered him weeping with me the day of her funeral. With his black coat and black umbrella he is holding, he promised me that he'll be strong for me and that I should be too. But that is not the only reason why I understand him even though he neglects me.

My Dad has been trying to find my Mom's murderer. And yes, she didn't die out of sickness or complications.

She was brutally murdered by someone.

A cut on her beautiful cheeks first, a slit on her wrist but her murderer did not stop there...

The police claimed that she was pregnant before she was murdered...making my suppose to be sibling dead too.

So who am I to judge my father for focusing on doing everything he could just to finally find her murderer and seek revenge? I wouldn't stop him.

Her murderer deserved to rot in hell.

And that is the reason why I tried to hide from other people. I tried to mask my real self and not let anyone try to know the real me. The sad me, the child of a very beautiful but dead person, the person who lost his mother and that same person who's still living in his dark past. I still cry at night sometimes calling out for my Mom who I know would never come back.

Although it would take time, I would wait until that day when my Dad would find my Mom's murderer.

    ✿✿✿✿✿