♛Chptr. 43: The Call of the Void♛

A/N: Everything that would be written in here are all flashbacks.

WARNING ⚠️: This might be a lot to take in.

3rd person's POV

9-year old Jeon Jungkook was in a black suit in his mother's funeral together with Mr. Jeon. Under that black umbrella, Jungkook was holding his mother's picture frame close to his chest. On his right free-hand was a white beautiful daisy, his mother's favorite. Jungkook thought that bringing that on the day of her burial would make her happy.

Little Jungkook was crying through it all. Never in his life would he thought about his mother dying that early in his life. He wanted her to guide him as he grows up, wanted her to scold him if ever he does something wrong, and he wanted her to be by his side even though she's all gray and old. Jungkook wanted that, but that seemed to be impossible now. 

His mother was dead. And he won't forget how his heart felt the moment he knew that she was murdered. He can't accept it, either his father. But they can't do anything... they can't bring her back.

After the burial, everyone started going home, saying their condolences to their family. It was raining hard that day, and Jungkook was thankful for those who still came despite the unwanted weather. 

They were in their walk towards their black car when Mr. Jeon grabbed little Jungkook by the shoulders, making Jungkook face him. Mr. Jeon crouched down so he could be on the same level with his son. 

"Don't cry Jungkook...be strong." He said as he wiped Jungkook's tears away, not showing any kind of emotions. And then with a snap, Mr. Jeon's eyes turned darker. 

"I would do anything to find her murderer. I will take my revenge and those people could go to hell." He said in a very dark tone in which Jungkook never heard before. It was like he was looking at a stranger at that moment. 

But he understood how his father felt so he wiped away his tears, consoling himself that he's a big boy and his father needs him. 

"I would be strong, father. I would help you." Mr. Jeon looked at his son as he ruffled the little one's raven hair. 

"I don't need your help, all I need is for you to be a good boy, understood?" Jungkook nodded. Mr. Jeon then walked away.

Jungkook could now feel the coldness of the air, he brought his black umbrella down letting it get swept by the gushing wind as he looked up at the crying sky. The rain hits his face so he closed his eyes. He felt his rage taking over him, questioning why his mother had to die and get killed. 

He clenched his hands as he groaned, breathing deep and blaming the rain for getting him drenched even though he was at fault for bringing his umbrella down. He still blamed the rain otherwise. 

He hates the rain now since his mother got killed whilst it's raining, and look, it even rains on the day of her funeral. And Jungkook thought that maybe his mother screamed for help but since it was raining with thunders and bolts of lightning, no one managed to hear her pleads. 

If only the weather was peaceful that day... maybe someone would've heard her. Maybe someone could've saved her.

.

After years of looking for those people who're responsible, Mr. Jeon was still unlucky. He still doesn't have any clue on where those people were hiding.

Jungkook got tired of hearing that his mother's case was still unsolved so he made a choice of helping his dad. By the age of 12, Jungkook got himself into illegal dealings all by himself. He searched for men who could help him through the help of their riches which was easy. He thought that if he could get close to those bad people, the more he could have his chances of finding his mother's killer.