ㄴthe cognitiveㄱ

According to Wikipedia, Cognition is "the mental action or process of acquiring knowledge and understanding through thought, experience, and the senses".

It also says that it has many aspects of the intellectual functions.

Here are some good things to know about the intellectual and emotional.

Firstly, being intellectual means someone uses reason and critical thinking.
Most people are intellectual thinkers, which means they process things analytically based on facts and details.
A lot of women though are emotional thinkers, which means they seek the emotional meaning of information.

Entrepreneur.com gave a lot of tips on how to expand both the intellectual and emotional intelligence capacities.

1. Expand your horizons. By this they mean you should try other things, for example maybe take a different route to work or brush your teethe with your non-dominant hand.

2. Be imaginative. The more imaginative you allow yourself to be, the more open you are to effective problem-solving skills.

3. Read.

4. Try out some apps that train your brain, like Luminosity.

5. Try to learn something new everyday.

6. Physical activity gives your brain higher functioning. Physical activity can improve memory and ability to focus.

7. Sleep. Sleep helps the brain recharge, process new information, and during sleep the stress hormone also decreases. This is why it's important for kids to sleep around 8-10 hours.

For kids it's important to play, and especially involve imagination. Imaginative playing can improve empathy, is good for the emotional and intellectual. If a kid has a hard time mixing fantasy and play, your can help them with that, but it's important you just give them a push and don't tell them exactly what to imagine and fantasize, but that they come up with that on their own.

A/N: check out my new book "how to help save the planet" and tell me what you think!