Magnets

"I'm dating Kai from EXO."

As soon as those words escaped her beautiful pink lips, it was as if everything came crashing down, destroying any hope I had left for her.

Since I have met her, all I had ever wanted was to confess my love to her but seeing the happiness sparkle in those feline eyes of hers I knew it was time to give up.

Feeling a lump growing in my throat, I quickly send her a forced smile and a tight hug. I wanted to express that I was truly happy to see her happy, even if her happiness wasn't because of me. I bite my lip, trying to repress a sob as I feel her slender arms wrap around my waist, holding tightly.

For her, this embrace was my way of congratulating her, but for me, this was my way of saying goodbye to how we use to be.

"I hope he makes you happy." I whisper into her ear before letting go. I avert my eyes to the girls who were sending me sympathetic looks before taking steps forward to Jennie, wrapping the petite girl into their arms.

They were congratulating her, saying how she deserves this since she is always at the receiving end from the hate that fans have been sending her.

I feel my heart clench at the sight of her gummy smile, it was so vibrant and filled with love. But knowing that that gummy smile will always be for that man only caused the pain to increase in my heart and tears to brim my eye sight.

Being so engrossed to Jennie's story of the romantic date she apparently had an hour ago without us knowing, I decided to quickly exit the room and run straight to my bedroom. I immediately but quietly shut my door, locking it before I lean my back against it.

"Fuck." I whisper to myself as I feel my tears begin to cascade down my cheeks. The pain was slowly becoming unbearable. I place one of my hands over my lips as quiet sobs begin to escape my throat while placing my other hand over my chest as if it would decrease the agony I was feeling.

I slowly slide down my body to the floor, on my knees, trying to lower the sounds of my heart wrenching cries from the girls who were laughing and giggling loudly from the living room. Hearing Jennie's beautiful giggle only caused the stabbing pain to grow immensely. I slowly lean forward with both hands on my chest and place my forehead on the floor as my breathing became rapid to the point my fingers began to tingle and my body to tremble.

But, hearing faint footsteps approach my door, I quickly sat up and cover my mouth with both hands, silencing my cries. I hold my breath as I hear light knocks on my door.

"Lili?"

'Please Jennie, go away.'

I thought to myself, I didn't want her to see me like this. I hated showing my weakness, especially to the one woman I have been in love with since our trainee days. I slowly crawled away from the door towards my bed, trying to stay as quiet as possible. I freeze as she continues to call out for me ever so softly.

"Lili are you awake? Why is your door locked?"

I shut my eyes tightly as she continue to bombared me with questions that I refused to answer. I slowly walk towards my bed and hide myself under the covers, trying to escape this horrible truth of my reality.

"Maybe she's asleep Unnie, we did have a long shoot today."

I hear the angelic Chipmunk say, saving me from even more distress. I hear Jennie sigh in defeat as she walks away from my door, allowing me to let out a long breath that I was holding finally allowing me to feel slightly at ease, slightly. But before I can fully enter back into the dark pit in my mind again, the soft voice of Chaeyoung quickly catches my attention.