Runway (How They Met)

Please re-read Runaway before reading this story of how they met. (Just to refresh your mind)

.............

Tsk.

Another boring professional business party and another tight, fake smile being made by me. I shift uncomfortably in my tight black dress and quietly hissed in pain as my ankle began to ache with these awful heels.

My parents had asked me to accompany them to this business event since I'll be the next successor.

How I wished I could be in my pajamas and cuddle with my stuffed animals.

"Meet my daughter Jennie Kim, isn't she beautiful?" My father asks. I mentally roll my eyes as I sent a tight smile while shaking the hands of irrelevant people who I know can care less of who I am and what I do.

They were once again flaunting me, most specifically my future success as the next CEO of their company to other perverted business men and snobby business woman. It's rare to find a genuine person in these events.

Since I could remember, as a child, I use to run around the office and act as if I was the owner of the whole building. So, one could say I practically grew up in the company. Which led the inevitability of becoming the next CEO.

"Yes, my daughter is the model of our company brand and will be the next CEO very soon." My mother proudly states as she tightens her hold on my fathers arm. My father chuckles lightly and gazes down at my mother very fondly. The sight had caused a small, actual genuine smile to be painted on my lips.

At least their love for each other is real.

I let out a breath as boredom was settling in and began to scan my dull eyes around the room.

Hmm, fake boobs, old creepy man, extremely young wife, beautiful giant doe eyes, perverted drunk teen, annoying children, wait...

I slowly flicker my eyes back to the giant doe eyes from across the room and felt my breath hitch in the back of my throat.

These pair of soft eyes were staring right back into mine with the rim of the champagne glass slightly pressed on her plump lips. Her eyes were completely focused on mine as she took a sip, causing my heart to double in rhythm as her gaze seemed so ghostly, so intense. It was as if the music in the room slowly faded and it was just me and this mysterious woman.

I swallow thickly and felt a blush creeping into my cheeks as the corner of the blonde beauty's lips lifted into a soft smile.

This feeling was beyond unordinary. I couldn't look away, my heart was beating abnormally fast.

Such a strange sensation.

Who is this girl?

I was suddenly removed from this unknown trance as I heard a low scoff from my mother.

"The Manoban's are here." She mumbles out to my father and I.

The Manobans.

They're also one of the top business companies. In short, my parents competition. Both the Manobans and the Kims companies are known to always be on top. Which led to a nasty, childish and completely unnecessary hatred to grow between the two. They act like children in my opinion.

They have hated each other since I was born. They tried to raise me into hating them as well, but their company doesn't phase me one bit. Their company is their business and my company is mine. If they're at the top then they're at the top. Doesn't matter to me.

I furrow my eyebrows and look towards where she was staring and to my surprise the mysterious woman was standing right next the Manobans. The manobans turn towards my parents and send a heartless smile causing my  father to scowl lowly,