Beautiful (Finale)

Before I even realized it, my own two feet were moving and I was suddenly standing in front of the latter that was connected to the tree. I lift my gaze and frowned seeing the lantern was off, meaning,

She wasn't there.

I sigh and smile sadly to myself before making my way up the tree. I hop in and turned on the lantern before smiling at the beautiful memories that suddenly appeared in my mind as I gazed around the colorfully painted walls.

Jennie loves rainbows.

Each step I was taking, the sound of the floor creaked causing a familiar warmth to ease my mind. I make my way to the corner and flopped myself on the purple bing bag chair and sighed for the nth time today.

She didn't come and I'm honestly not surpris—

"Who's up there? This is private property and I'm going to have to ask you to leave before I call the cops." I freeze for a second and felt my heart begin to race.

Is that-?

"I-I have a weapon and I'm n-not afraid to use to!!" A familiar nervous voice threatens from down below. I hold in a chuckle and crawled off the bing bag towards the entrance on the floor. I look down and saw her staring up with a giant branch in her hand as if it would scare away the "intruder." But seeing me, she quickly widens her eyes and drops the branch.

"Lisa." She breathes out before she hurriedly climbs the latter. I back away and seat myself on the bing bad while clasping my trembling hands together. It's been a while since it's been us two.

Was I ready?

Who ever is?

She breathlessly climbs up and sits on the floor across from me, staring at me in confusion but yet there was something shimmering in her eyes,

Happiness?

"Hi." She timidly says while placing a strand of hair behind her ear. I awkwardly smile back and send a short wave,

"Hey." We we're silent for a moment and before I could say anything she had quickly removed her backpack and opened it. I smile softly and chuckle as she brings out two small bucket of ice creams. She shyly hands it to me and averts her eyes to the floor,

"H-happy birthday." She greets. I crawl over to her and sat cross legged in front of her while smiling. I was somewhat feeling quite giddy seeing her act this adorable. I reach over and took it from her.

"Thank you." She smiles softly to me in return and I swear my heart melted at the sight.

For a few minutes we remained silent while eating our ice cream. I would look up and laugh lightly every time I caught Jennie staring at me. She would blush and look back down at her ice cream instantly and feign a look of innocence.

"You okay Jennie?" I ask. She freezes and slowly looks up at me before swallowing her ice cream nervously. She places the bucket in front of her and clasp her hands together while staring down at them.

"I didn't know you were going to be here." She carefully says causing my body to stiffen for second. Her tone baffled me, why did she seem so upset? I clear my throat and placed my bucket of ice cream in front of me too.

"If I'm going to be honest with you, I wasn't planning on coming." Hurt flickered in her eyes and she quickly looked back down towards her hands.

"Oh." She shortly responds. Another silence surrounded us. It was beginning to make me feel uneasy. I go to say something again but Jennie decided to cut me off, again.

"Then, why are here and not celebrating with your girlfriend?" She asks and I could've sworn I heard venom laced in her tone. I awkwardly smile down to the floor and shrugged,