Blissful Ignorance

A/N: since I missed you guys so damn much here's a random one shot that's been in my head for a while now! Military process has been intense but I'm fighting guys!

.
.
.
.

Would you rather know the truth or live in blissful ignorance?

.
.
.
.

Jennie's POV:

"Hey Lili? I'm just going to hop in the shower real quick before leaving! I feel like I reek from work today," I call out while entering her bathroom. I smile hearing a faint "okay Nini," before turning on the shower.

Today has been stressful enough. Being a barista isn't always fun, especially serving stuck up customers. With the "not enough cream," or "too much cream." Strangling the girl to death was tempting, but if I go to jail, how else would I be able to see Lisa's beautiful face?

God, I love her.

But, wrapping the towel around my body and looking down at the sink, my smile immediately disappeared. There were two toothbrushes, one for lisa and the other for—

"Hey Nini! Mina's here! Lock the door before you leave okay?" And before I could even reply, I heard the sound of the door closing. I sigh and wipe the steam off the mirror to only see my pained expression.

I love her, but she has someone else.

Lisa and I have been best friends for years. We knew everything about each other. But there was one thing she didn't know about me. I was deeply in love with her.

And with Mina's tooth brush in Lisa's bathroom, it was obvious that their relationship had finally became serious. And that fact was causing the ache in my chest to increase even more than before.

It's the ache that I've been living with for almost a year now.

The ache that appeared the moment Lisa confessed that she had a crush on Mina.

The ache when Lisa told me they made it official.

And now it's the ache of knowing Lisa's in love with someone who isn't me.

I wished I could live in blissful ignorance so I wouldn't have to know that Lisa really doesn't love me the way she loves Mina. Or that I actually have a chance to be loved and wanted by her.

Maybe this was a sign. Maybe it's time to move on from you my Lili.

.
.
.
.

I groan while rolling to my side and opening my eyes to see my phone lighting up. I squint my eyes and reach for my phone. I take it and roll back on my back with a tiny yawn. And looking at my phone screen, I couldn't help but smile in amusement,

Lili🐵💓: hey nini! Did you make it home safe?

2 hours ago

Lili🐵💓: Nini? Are you home? Why aren't you replying?

2 hours ago

Lili🐵💓: hello??? You're making me worried Jen!

1 hour ago

(7) missed call from Lili🐵💓

10 minutes ago

I gasp and widen my eyes seeing the number of missed calls from Lisa. I completely forgot to text her that I was home. But how could i think of anything when all I have been thinking about is her damn relationship status?