Summer

Lisa's POV:

"Just say have a good summer," I mutter under my breath as I shoved my trembling hands into my pocket. I look up and took in a deep breath seeing my long time crush exiting the classroom with her friends with her famous gummy smile.

"Okay, you got this Lisa," I self motivate myself. I push myself off the locker and took cautious steps to the girl of my dreams.

This was it.

I was going to confess my feelings to Jennie.

I got this.

Seeing as her friends waved goodbye and walked away made me feel at ease. At least if she rejects me no one would witness it.

Almost there, you got this.

"You got this. You got this. You got this," I continue to whisper while walking closer to her. With every step I was taking to my destination, the rate of my heart beat would increase immensely. I could already feel my palms begin to sweat and my cheeks to heat up.

Confidence were surging through my veins. That was until Jennie decided to turn around and meet my eyes. I felt my heart automatically drop.

You don't got this.

I sent a short nod and quickly turned around.

"Damn it," I angrily mutter under my breath as I tried shoving past students. Of course I chickened out. I mean, who wouldn't with her piercing feline eyes. My confidence turned into cowardice. And now it was disappointment surging through my veins instead. How pathetic can I be—

"Wait! Lisa!" I stopped and turned my head to the voice.

Oh shit.

I stop and awkwardly smile while turning around. Jennie beams at me and stops in front of me. She places a strand of her hair behind her ear with a cute smile.

"H-hi," I cough out. She grins and sends a small wave,

"Hey!" She says while handing her yearbook to me. I cautiously take it with confusion written all over me which she quickly took notice. She blushes in embarrassment while averting her eyes to the floor,

"Can you sign my yearbook?" She asks while looking back up at me. And I swore my heart was melting at the sight of her cute gummy smile.

'Will you go out with me if I did?' I thought to myself.

"What?" She asks with widened eyes. I stare at her for a moment before realization hit me. I just voiced out my thoughts without knowing. Oh God no.

With the blush in my cheeks I quickly scribbled down 'have a good summer' before handing her book back and walking away. But, before I could she quickly snatched my wrist and made me face her. I look up at gulped seeing amusement in her eyes.

"I—uh—" I stammer out while averting my gaze to anywhere but on her. She chuckles while grabbing my hand and writing down her—NUMBER?! She drops my hand and sends me a wink,

"Pick me up at 7."

This is going to be the best summer ever.