Chapter 32

"Excellent job Kaylareen!" I beamed at Gerard as he opened his arms and I ran towards him to hug him. Binuhat niya ako at inikot.

"I did it!" I shouted at him and we were both laughing. "The senator loved the theme for the party... he loved everything."

They even popped a confetti for me. One of our officemates opened a bottle of wine to celebrate and gave me one.  "Cheers to Kaylareen!"

After months of preparing one of the biggest event of the year, I'm just so glad I finished the job. Sinong mag aakala na ako ang mag aasikaso sa isang birthday party ng isang politiko?

I've been the event manager of big buisness men in the country pero iba parin kasi ang aura kapag mga malalaking pangalan sa Pilipinas ang kliyente mo. I met the president, the vice president, and even celebrities last night! That's how big is the event that I organized and I'm happy to see the proud look on Gerard's face.

"I knew you can do it. You just have to believe in yourself." He told me with a big smile. Gerard was with me throughout the preparations to help and guide me. Merong ibang nga request ang senator na nahirapan talaga ako pero dahil tinulungan ako ni Gerard, mas napadali ang preparations.

"Dahil sayo." He rolled his eyes.

"I just helped you with my connections. All the idea came from you." It's now my time to roll me eyes at him. "Admit it to yourself. You're good at this. You are perfect for this job."

"Oo na lang!" Natatawang sagot ko dahil alam ko na hindi niya ako titigilan hanggang hindi ko sinasabi sa kanya na sumasang-ayon ako sa gusto niya.

I took my phone when it lit up and opened a text that I got from Riona.

From: Little Rio
Mommy sunduin mo ako later. I'll stay with you tonight right? I told daddy na.

Napangiti ako nang mabasa ang text niya. Marunong na siyang nagtagalog ng konti ngayon. I remember 9 months ago my conversation with Riona about what happened between me and Klaus.

"Rio." I called her as I sit beside her on the couch as she reads a magazine. Ibinaba niya ang hawak niya at tumingin sa akin.

"Yes mommy."

"I want to tell you something about me and your dad." Tinignan niya lang ako na parang hinihintay niya ang sasabihin ko.

I waited for Klaus to contact me before I tell Riona everything. My heart almost jumped out of my chest when he called my phone and he asked me to meet up. Mag usap daw kami pagkatapos namin ihatid si Riona since first day of school nung bata. I expected something only to be disappointed. Gusto lang pala niya na pag usapan namin ang tungkol kay Riona. Napagkasunduan din namin na ako na lang ang magsasabi sa anak namin.

He did not even mention anything about us.

Now, It's been a week since I last talked with Klaus. Hindi ko kaagad kinausap si Riona dahil... paano kung magbago ang isip ni Klaus? What if he had a change of heart and decides that he still loves me?

Pero mukhang malabong mangyari ang iniisip ko. Whenever I ask her if he has even asked about me my heart would only shatter ever time she says no.

"What is it mommy?" Napailing nalang ako. She's really impatient when it comes to this. Hindi siya matitigil sa kakakulit kapag nalaman niya na may sasabihin ka. She would want to know it now than later.