Epilogue

I woke up with the clamorous knocking on my door. I looked at my clock, it's already 11 in the evening. Sinong mag aabala na bumisita sa akin ng ganitong oras? Wala din naman akong alam na pupunta dito dahil kailangan ko pang matulog at maaga pa ang flight ko mamaya. I was still yawning while rubbing my eyes as I walk to the door.

"Kaye! Kaylareen! Are you there?!" Naputol ang paghikab ko at nanlaki ang mga mata ko nang marinig ang malaks na boses ni Klaus. I immediately ran towards the door thinking that something might have happened to Riona.

"Klaus?" He was sweating and gasping as he put his hands on his knees to support himself. He's wearing his usual sleeping clothes, his jersey short and a white cotton shirt. "Anong ginagawa mo dito? Bakit ka hinihingal?"

"I... took... the... stairs." He said as his chest is heaving from the gasps. It took me a second to understand and my eyes widen as I realized what he said. He took the stairs?! Pero may elevator naman!

"What?!" Hindi makapaniwalang tanong ko. He motioned for me to wait while he catch his breath. "Do you... want to come in? Do you want some water?"

Before I even remembered, Gerard went out of the kitchen. Tumigil sa paghakbang papasok si Klaus at nagpabalik-balik ang tingin niya sa aming dalawa. Confusion was all over his face then he looked at me like he was in pain... like I am hurting him. It made me want to tell him the reason why Gerard is here. Bigla ay parang gusto kong mag explain sa kanya, pero hindi ko alam kung bakit walang lumalabas sa bibig ko.

"Uhm... kumuha lang ako ng kape." Gerard said awkwardly and went back to the kitchen again. Silence enveloped the both of us. I want to ask him why he's here. Gusto kong malaman kung bakit siya nag abala na pumunta dito ng ganitong oras, but words escaped me and my mind was clouded with so much questions that I wasn't able to ask anything.

Gustong-gusto kong malaman kung anong ginagawa niya dito dahil nakakatakot mag assume.

"C-can we talk?" He said with all seriousness on his face and not showing ang emotion. I slowly nodded my head.

"Do you want to come in?" Dahan-dahan siyang umiling ng hindi inaalis ang mga mata sa akin. I suddenly felt like I got lost in those green eyes that are now looking at me like he can see through my soul. He's staring at me with so much intensity that my knees started to weaken and my heart started to beat wildly in my chest. The usual effect that he has on me ever since I saw him looking at me with those emerald eyes.

"Let's talk. Here." He said. I pursed my lips. Hindi ko talaga alam kung ano ang sasabihin ko... kung ano ang sasabihin niya. So I just waited. But minutes had passed and no one's still talking.

I can't help but to make a small sigh as I admire his face. Bakit ba kahit ilang beses ko nang nakita ang mukha na yan, hindi parin nakakasawang titigan? His face... it's not the same bright face that I used to look at everyday, but he's still as handsome as ever. No doubt about that. Minsan nagpapasalamat nalang ako na siya ang pinagmanahan ni Riona.

"Klaus..." I stopped when he started to shake his head. He closed his eyes and I saw him swallowed a lump on his throat.

"Kaye," He called my name with a hoarse voice. "Please don't leave... please." My lips parted as I noticed his eyes and his nose turning red. He looked like he's pleading and he's not even trying to hide it. I can see desperation in his eyes.