5

Trigger warning mention of sex.

Also in here I say something about King George III getting with Alex I'm trying to make a Grofflin reference but it's really poorly done sorry bout that.

Alexander Hamilton was tired.

Tired of writing essays all night.

Tired of not sleeping for weeks unend.

Tired of waking up at 7am for class.

Tired of Thomas Jefferson's existance.

Tired of not being able to tell anyone how tired he was.

Because he was Alexander Hamilton.

He was "Mr. Non-Stop."

He was the boy who wrote like he was running out of time.

Nobody ever questioned whether the workload was too much for him. Nobody ever asked him if he was alright, if perhaps writing 51 essays in a month was too much.

Because how could anything ever be too much for Alexander Hamilton?

That was why Alexander had made his secret Instagram.

He'd gotten tired of everyone expecting things from him. Tired of everyone thinking he was invincible just because he was Alexander motherfucking Hamilton.

He'd wanted a place where he could escape his reputation, at least temporarily.

Don't get him wrong, he loved his legacy with all his heart, but it was a heavy burden to carry, and sometimes he needed to set it down.

People had a tendency to act differently around him just because he was Alexander Hamilton. He'd been flattered at first, but after a while it had grown quite draining.

That was why he liked John Laurens so much.

Because John Laurens didn't know who he was. He treated him like he was any ordinary person.

John Laurens was kind and sweet and caring. He was human sunshine.

Alex had never been prouder to have someone as a friend.

Alex set his homework aside and picked up his phone. He smiled when he saw a message from John.

John_Laurens: Happy Saturday!!!

AnotherScottishTragedy: I love Saturdays. Saturdays means no class :)

John_Laurens: I love Saturdays. I can lay in bed doing nothing and not feel bad about it. Homework is a Sunday problem. Saturday is my day off.

AnotherScottishTragedy: I wish I could take a day off but I have to write a debate for my law class. I have to convince President Jackson that we shouldn't back the French in the French Revolution.

John_Laurens: Please try to take a break, A. We all know what happened when Lin-Manuel Miranda didn't take a break.

Alex smiled like a goofball. He couldn't help it. He loved it when John talked about his book. Gosh, he was adorable.

AnotherScottishTragedy: To be entirely honest with the week I'm having I wouldn't say no to someone showing at my door asking me to fuck them.