41

A/N: Yay sad fluff! Is that a thing? Can I make it a thing? Sad fluff? Can I coin that phrase?

Alex felt horrible.

Absolutely horrible.

He hadn't felt his horrible since he found his brother’s dead body after the hurricane.

He'd fucked up again.

He'd ruined everything.

Just when he'd finally found something good in life, he'd gone and destroyed it.

It was all his fault.

He'd gotten too comfortable. He'd been a fool. Revealed too much too fast.

He’d wanted John to be his secret, but he hadn't kept him well enough.

And now John didn't want anything to do with him.

He'd been calling and texting him non-stop for the past week and he hadn't responded. He hadn't even read the messages.

Gosh, he'd really fucked up this time.

He'd told John over and over that Thomas Jefferson had been taken care of, that he'd gotten the account back and Thomas would never hurt him again.

But John didn't believe him. He thought it was all another trick, another lie.

Alex didn't blame him. It was only natural for someone to be hesitant to trust others after being betrayed in such a horrible way.

Alex had thought that he could help John learn to trust again.

But apparently not.

John was heartbroken, and Alex had no way to fix it.

Or did he….

Alex remembered something Peggy had said to him a while ago, back when he'd still been trying to decide how to confess his feelings to John.

"Oh dear God Alex what are you going to do? You're not going to drive down to South Carolina and surprise him are you?"

Peggy had gone on about how terrible of an idea that was and how that'd make John even more upset.

But desparate times called for desperate measures.

Alex stood up, threw a sweater over his head, and ran to the Schuyler sisters’ room.

He pounded on the door violently, hoping that they'd understand that this was very important and answer right away.

“Alex, what the fuck?” Angelica said when she opened the door. “I thought we were under attack.”

“Can I borrow your car?”

“To do what?”

“Drive to South Carolina to see my boyfriend.”

Angelica looked very confused and very annoyed.

“Context, please?”

Alex sighed. “Thomas Jefferson hacked my Instagram account and asked John for nudes. Then he shared those nudes with everyone. John is really upset and isn't responding when I talk to him. I need to drive down to South Carolina where he lives and fix this.”

Angelica nodded in understanding. “Okay, you can borrow my car. But if I see a single scratch on that thing, I’m going to cut off your dick and mail it to you.”

Alex threw his arms around Angelica. “Oh my God thank you so much you are an angel you are the best you are my hero.”

Angelica laughed and hugged Alex back. “Go get ‘em, Romeo.”