43

Trigger warning: Sex mention, use of words whore, slut, et cetera

The part about Alex being a whore in Nevis is historically accurate I just made it up for the story.

Someone asked me out as a joke and I've been crying all day so I wrote this in attempt to make myself feel better. Enjoy.

“How long are you going to stay here, Alex?”

Alex patted John's head. “I'll stay here as long as you need me, babe.”

John nodded and pulled Alex closer to him. They were lying in John's bed, Alex's head resting on John's chest.

“Thank you for coming here.”

“Anything for you, love.”

John ran his hands through Alex's hair, relishing the feeling of the silky strands slipping through his fingers.

“I'm sorry, Alex.”

“For what?”

“For making you come all the way down here.”

“Nonsense. I wanted to come down here. I wanted to make you feel better. It broke my heart to see you so upset.”

John kissed the top of Alex's head. “I'm sorry you had to leave school because Thomas Jefferson was being a dick.”

“Jeffershit.”

John laughed. “No one’s ever done anything like this for me before. Usually when I get like this people call me an overdramatic moron and say that they're tired of me and my negativity and don't want to be around me anymore I don't blame them. I'm a toxic person. When I get upset I just cry and scream and want nothing to do with anybody.”

“You're not toxic, John. You're allowed to get upset. If people don't like that its their problem.”

“Me being like this is draining to anyone who has to deal with me.”

“When someone really cares about you they don't think it's exhausting.”

“If I had a friend like me I'd hate them. I'd think they were toxic and exhausting and want nothing to do with them.” John’s grip on Alex's hand tightened. “I don't want to be like this. I won't want to get like this when I'm upset. I want to be happy all the time. Maybe then people will treat me well.”

Alex hugged John tighter. “You don't have to change a thing, mon cheri. You're perfect just the way you are.”

“I find that very difficult to believe, love.”

“Then I'll just have to keep telling you until you believe it.”

John shifted his position until his nose was pressed against Alex's and they were looking directly into each others eyes.

“You have really pretty eyes.” John said.

“So do you.” Alex kissed John's nose. “Boop.”

“Did you just ‘boop’ my nose?”

“Maybe.”

“You're adorable.”

“I know, love. I know.”

Later that night while Alex was taking a shower, John got a DM.

ThomasJeff: Hey baby

John's heart thudded in his chest.

This was Thomas Jefferson.

This was the monster who had demanded naked photos from him and shared them with the world.