38

Trigger warning: Mentions of sex, sexting, being pressured into sexting

Prepare for a major plot twist jajaja

Also THIS STORY HAS REACHED 10,000 READS I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT I DID TO DESERVE THIS BUT THANK YOU GUYS SO MUCH I WANT TO GIVE EACH AND EVERY ONE OF YOU A HUG I'M CRYING I CAN'T BELIEVE THAT ANYONE WOULD WANT TO READ MY WRITING ONE TIME LET ALONE 10,000 TIMES AHHHH

Alex was walking alone across campus to his afternoon classes. He took his reading glasses out of his pocket and put them on, pulling his hair back into a messy ponytail. Alex hated the way he looked in his glasses. They made his eyes look strange and emphasized the rather unattractive (in his opinion, at least) curvature of his nose. He was glad he only needed to wear them for reading.

John kissed Alex's nose and told him that it was adorable. Alex missed John so much it hurt.

All of a sudden, his thoughts were interrupted by someone calling his name.

A very unpleasant someone whose death Alex prayed for every night.

Thomas Jefferson.

"I know your secret, Hamilton."

Alex turned around to face the southerner. He was wearing magenta, as usual.

The color magenta made Alex want to puke.

"What secret?" Alex said. "That I'm an immigrant? Everyone knows that."

"I know about your little boyfriend." Jefferson said. "Your secret South Carolinian lover." 

Alex's face turned red. He clenched his hands into fists in an attempt to control his anger. He was squeezing so tightly his nails were digging into the palms in his hands with enough pressure to draw blood. 

"So what?" Alex said. "You know I have a boyfriend who lives in South Carolina. So fucking what?" 

Jefferson smirked. "Watch your back, Hamilton. Watch your back." 

"What the fuck are you playing at, Jefferson?" 

"I'm not playing at anything." Alex wanted to smack that stupid smirk off of his face. "Just don't be surprised if something were to happen." 

With that, Jefferson turned and walked away. 

Alex shrugged and continued on his way to class. 

That was weird, he thought. 

John was nervous.

Alex hadn't texted him since that morning. 

It's probably nothing, John told himself. 

He's probably busy with school. 

He'll text me when has time. 

But John couldn't ignore the discomfort, the feeling of something is wrong, the pit of dread in his stomach, the cripping sadness that he couldn't shake, a coldness that wouldn't go away. 

Sighing, John texted Alex again, hoping that he would respond this time. 

John_Laurens: Hey, babe. You okay? I miss you. 

AnotherScottishTragedy: I'm alright, baby. 

John_Laurens: Great, how was your day? 

AnotherScottishTragedy: Not great, honestly. I'm really stressed. 

John_Laurens: Awww. Is there anything I can do to make it better?