34

A/N: John and Alex are happy.

Months passed. 

The weather got warmer. 

Alex was happy. 

He loved warm weather. Loved the feeling of the sun on his skin and the warm breeze in his hair. 

It reminded him of home, reminded  him of long days on the beach staring out at the sea, watching the sun sparkling off the waves. 

He was sitting on a bench in Central Park drinking coffee and reading a book. 

He'd never felt so peaceful. 

Spring break would start in a week, and Alex was estatic. John was coming back to New York to stay with Hercules since his parents still didn't want him in the house. He promised to visit Alex every day.

He was so excited to see John again. 

Alex pulled out his phone and texted John. 

AnotherScottishTragedy: I can't wait to see you again, babe.

John_Laurens: One more week, my love. One more week. 

AnotherScottishTragedy: Shit. I only have a week to clean up my dorm room. It looks like it's been hit by multiple hurricanes. 

John_Laurens: It's okay. My room is a mess too. 

AnotherScottishTragedy: It's a metaphor for my life. 

John_Laurens: Wow. Edgy. 

AnotherScottishTragedy: yOu kNoW mY nAmE nOt mY sToRy

John_Laurens: i'M nOt o-fUcKinG-kAy

AnotherScottishTragedy: What are we doing with our lives?

John_Laurens: I have no idea.

AnotherScottishTragedy: I can't wait to see your beautiful face again. 

John_Laurens: I can't wait to kiss you and  hug you and tell you how much I love you.

AnotherScottishTragedy: One question. 

John_Laurens: Sure

AnotherScottishTragedy: Will you be bringing your turtle?

John_Laurens: Of course. 

AnotherScottishTragedy: Awww, I can't wait to see that adorable lil turtle

John_Laurens: I love that turtle more than anything in this life. Well, besides you. 

AnotherScottishTragedy: I love you so much. 

John_Laurens: I love you too, more :) 

One week later, John arrived in New York. 

Alex met John in Central Park.

The moment John saw him, he ran towards him and threw  his arms around him. 

"Alex." 

"John." 

John leaned forward and kissed Alex on the mouth. 

Gosh, it felt so fucking good. 

 Alex pulled away, breathing heavily, and brushed his thumb across John's cheek.