29

Trigger Warning: Mention of sexual assault, mention of sex

Prepare for a plot twist jajaja

Alex had decided that Hell wasn't a place. It was a time period. 

The time period known as "Exam Season." 

He'd been studying non-stop for three weeks straight. He couldn't remember the last time he'd slept for more than an hour at a time. 

Talking to John was the only thing keeping him sane. Sometimes he would Facetime John and just sit in front of the computer and cry because he just couldn't take it anymore. 

“It's okay, baby, it's okay.” John would whisper. “It'll all be over in a few more days.

“I don't know if I can last a few more days.” Alex said, raking his hands through his hair them folding them in his lap to hide their shaking.

He hadn't consumed anything but coffee for the past week. He was so weak he could barely stand up. But he couldn't tell John that part. He didn't want to worry the poor thing.

“You'll be fine, I promise. You can do it. I know you can.” John smiled like angel. “Because you're Alexander Hamilton, and you're amazing.”

Alex definitely didn't feel amazing.

In fact, he felt like he was dead.

Where's James Madison and his Bible now?

Deciding that he couldn't take it anymore, Alex stood up from his desk and started to walk outside. Maybe some fresh air would make him feel better.

He stood outside, inhaling the cold night air, watching as his breath made clouds in the air in front of him.

The frigid air cleared his mind, letting all the stress and exhaustion fade away, if only momentarily.

Suddenly, Alex was broken out of his trance by the sound of someone crying.

At first, Alex tried to ignore it. It was none of his business. He should just move on with his life.

But the crying got louder, and the longer Alex stood there ignoring it, the worse he felt.

Deciding to be a good person for once in his life, Alex walked towards the sound of the noise. He eventually came across a girl slumped in the grass against the wall of a building.

Alex knelt down beside her, unsure of what to say.

“A-Are you alright?” Alex asked hesitantly, not wanting to scare her.

The girl looked up. She had short curly pushed to one side, tan skin, gorgeous brown eyes, and sensual lips. There were black marks on her face where she had cried her make-up off.

She looked like a older, sexier version of Peggy, but he knew for a fact that Peggy had gone in on vacation with her family and wouldn't be back until the following week.

“P-Peggy? What are you doing here? I thought you were still in Punta Cana.”

The girl looked confused. “Who’s Peggy? I'm Maria Reynolds.”

“S-Sorry.” Alex said awkwardly. “You look like my friend Peggy.”

That’s not making her feel better, dumbass.

“A-Are you alright?” Alex asked again. Maria was wearing red. Alex always knew that Peggy would look fantastic in red. He planned to tell her that when she returned from her vacation.