9

A/n: This hurt to write yikes I'm crying 

John Laurens could not believe what he'd done.

He couldn't believe he'd actually called A.

He didn't know why he did it. He'd promised himself that he'd never do anything that stupid again.

He couldn't believe he'd done it.

He couldn't explain what had come over him, couldn't explain what had gone wrong in his head to make him think that calling A was a good idea.

The truth is, something about A felt right. When he'd talked to Charles, there had always been an undertone of wrongness. Whenever he's talked to Charles, he'd felt like he was doing something bad, something secret and dangerous and evil. But A felt rightJohn felt safe when he talked to A, felt... good.

John had loved talking to A, had loved the sound of his voice and the way he laughed and his humor and sarcasm and the way he started yelling when he got excited about something.

John reluctantly slid out of bed. He'd been talking to A all night, so he hadn't gotten any sleep. But A was worth the exhaustion.

John grabbed his books and started making his way to his first class. On his way, he took out his phone and texted A.

John_Laurens: Good morning!

AnotherScottishTragedy: I hate mornings. The sun is too bright. Someone needs to extinguish the sun.

John_Laurens: I'm so tired. But it was worth it :)

AnotherScottishTragedy: At this point I'm so tired I've circled back around to being wide awake.

John_Laurens: That's a huge mood.

John_Laurens: Though I thank you again for calling me last night. It was better than sitting in my silent room regretting all my life choices.

AnotherScottishTragedy: I thank you too for not only making my sleepless night less boring but also for finally giving me something positive to associate WhatsApp with. Prior to this interaction I hated WhatsApp and considered it the source of all my problems.

John_Laurens: How can an app cause all your problems?

AnotherScottishTragedy: I don't wanna talk about it.

John_Laurens: It's okay. I hate apps like that too. I find them infuriating.

AnotherScottishTragedy: Finally! Someone who gets it!

By lunchtime, John had almost completely forgotten about the party. His thoughts had been so consumed with A and his insane workload and watching Lafayette trying to shove 15 marshmallows into his mouth.

As he prepared to leave the dining hall, he noticed someone walking towards him.

Oh shit.

"Well, if it isn't Philip Hamilton, the freckled beauty who has taken leave of my heart." Charles Lee said, looking John's body up and down and grinning like he wanted to take a bite of him. "I am afraid I was unable to locate you at the party, though I do hope you enjoyed watching Lafayette stripping."