Chapter 6

Connor's pov

Eventually, Kinky Klein-er, I mean, Jared, Zoe, and Alana came back to us, bouncing like puppies of crack or something.

"F*ck off," I groaned, flipping them off.

"Fine then, be emo!" Zoe snorted, rolling her eyes before marching off with the other two.

Evan stares at me. "Um, that was...kind of.. uh.. you know..."

"Mean?" I supply for him, "Rude?"

"No," he rolls his eyes. "I was just going to say that was... interesting."

I raise my eyebrow, sending him an amused smile. "Mhm, sure."

Evan playfully slaps me on the shoulder. "So, uh, why didn't you want them to come here?"

Twirling the pencil around my fingers, I reply, "Cause I'd rather be with you."

"Aww, that's so sweet!" He cooed, wrapping his arms around me.

My cheeks heat up and I look at the floor. "Stop being so gay, Connor," I mutter to myself.

Apparently, Evan also heard that. "No, it's ok. I'm, um, pretty gay myself," he admits with a laugh.

The corners of my mouth tugs into a genuine smile. "Hey... can I ask you something?"

Evan's pov

I tilt my head slightly, peering up at him and OH MY HECKING FERN HIS EYES SFAJLKSFHDSGFDJKVHSLSDHZF. Sorry. "Yeah, uh, sure!"

He smirks and I have a bad feeling what was going to happen next. It wasn't the "someone's going to die" feeling, more like "he's up to no good."

"Well," Connor starts, "Kiki, do you love me?"

"Oh my fern," I groan, placing my hands over my face. Standing up, I announce, "Bye! I'm gone!" and start heading to another room.

He bursts out into laugher, clutching his stomach. "Evan, holy crap, you should've seen your face!"

"Sorry, I can't hear you!"

"Let's have sex." Connor said it so casually, as if he were asking to pass the salt.

I whip my head to face him, my eyes wide. "What?!" I screech, my face red.

"AHA! So you could hear me!" He gasps dramatically, pointing.

"That's not-!"

"But I still exposed you."

"You shouldn't just randomly joke about that," I sighed, slowly shaking my head. 

Connor smirks with a glint in his eye. "What if I wasn't joking?"

My heart explodes. "What?! Wait, are you-?! Wait, me?! Now?!" I stammer. My face probably was as red as a tomato.

Connor's smug look dissolves into embarrassment as heat spreads over his cheeks. "It was a joke, I mean, I would agree if you wanted to and- I mean, uh, what? Did you say something?"

"Uh..." My eyes are still as wide as saucers and I couldn't speak.

So we just sit there in silence, until he comes in.

"You guys should totally have sex," Jared advises, coming in from the front door. "See, Ev? Told ya he was still gay for you."

Behind him, a red-faced Zoe and Alana came.